Discussion: Episode discussion - season 8Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 41 - 60 of 66  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Losa78
Losa78
40. RE: Episode discussion - season 8
May 6 2012, 3:21 AM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2012, 3:21 AM EDT
"1) Interesting att­itude you have there. Most people are grossed out at the though of their parents having sex. And here it's a double whammy, because Webber is Jackson's mentor. Yes, it's natural and all that, but still, it's "eww" :)

2) Heh, I kinda didn't want to, but ok, let's see...
Ok, I watched just the first part, just to see April. I'm not sure she's celebrating, kinda looked like she's getting wasted. However, it's one second of material, so such analyzing is kinda silly :)

3) Oh, a happy ending would be so very nice. Though I kinda feel bad for Julia. I realize we've seen her only in three eps, but still.

4) Bah, actors are constantly talking about leaving the show. And yet, they're still around. It's all just that - talk. And people are spreading all sorts of stuff, don't know where they get it from, for example that Sandra Oh is even less enthusiastic about continuing the show than Patrick and Ellen are."
1) Well, Jackson didn't see his mother doing it per se. He only saw her in the same room as Webber, wearing only Webber's shirt. That shouldn't be even remotely as shocking or ewwy, I'd say...

2) Indeed wasted she seems to be a little as well, but her expression seems genuinely happy... It's in fact just one second of material, so we shall see in due time.

3) Julia wasn't written or shown so she would really grow on us, so I'd say I don't really care about her all that much. I suppose it's all for a reason, so Slexie can return and we still feel it's right.

4) I hope you're right and Dempsey stays. His loss would be almost as big as Pompeo's, imo. Sandra Oh would be a huge hit as well. I just hope none of the core actors from the very beginning leave the show. I'd rather any of the later additions and, well, not Kim Raver either.
Do you find this valuable?    
Gusar
Gusar
41. RE: Episode discussion - season 8
May 6 2012, 5:50 AM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2012, 5:50 AM EDT
"1) Well, Jackson didn't see his mother doing it per se. He only saw her in the same room as Webber, wearing only Webber's shirt. That shouldn't be even remotely as shocking or ewwy, I'd say...

4) I hope you're right and Dempsey stays. His loss would be almost as big as Pompeo's, imo. Sandra Oh would be a huge hit as well. I just hope none of the core actors from the very beginning leave the show. I'd rather any of the later additions and, well, not Kim Raver either."
1) Like it said, it's the *thought* already that's "eww". Why do you think his mom immediately said "Do you think he's traumatized?" to Webber? You're not familiar with this phenomenon? It's used in tv shows all the time.

4) I'm thinking Webber. It's a feeling.
I don't think it's Derek. Shonda was thinking of ending the season with Derek and Meredith watching as their house burns down. But then she decided against that. So I don't think she'd kill Derek.
Losa78
Losa78
42. RE: Episode discussion - season 8
May 7 2012, 12:35 PM EDT | Post edited: May 7 2012, 12:35 PM EDT
"Like it said, it's the *thought* already that's "eww". Why do you think his mom immediately said "Do you think he's traumatized?" to Webber? You're not familiar with this phenomenon? It's used in tv shows all the time."
Okay, we just have different takes on this, that's all. Even that comment about being "traumatized forever", I thought it was pretty much just teasing and joking, no biggie...
Gusar
Gusar
43. RE: Episode discussion - season 8
May 10 2012, 2:19 AM EDT | Post edited: May 10 2012, 2:19 AM EDT

Toldya all that talk of wanting to leave the show is just "blah, blah". All of them have signed on for two more years:
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/05/09/greys-anatomy-stars-ink-new-deals/133289/

2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Losa78
Losa78
44. RE: Episode discussion - season 8
May 10 2012, 9:17 AM EDT | Post edited: May 10 2012, 9:17 AM EDT
"
Toldya all that talk of wanting to leave the show is just "blah, blah". All of them have signed on for <b>two</b> more years:
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/05/09/greys-anatomy-stars-ink-new-deals/133289/

"
Sweet news, man! Very good to hear! It is with even greater joy that I look forward to the future of this show! Thanks!
Losa78
Losa78
45. RE: Episode discussion - season 8
May 13 2012, 1:55 AM EDT | Post edited: May 13 2012, 1:55 AM EDT
So, I guess you were right, Gusar. April was indeed just getting wasted at the party. And not in a good way... Not even Seattle Grace will keep her now?! Poor girl, srsly... I guess there are no "incidentals" or "overhead fund" for her, are there? LOL

Very witty and funny banter between Ben and Bailey this week, even though it was sad to see how it all ended... Does this mean Ben will leave the show? Poor Bailey... That really made me sad... It will be hard for her to get back on her feet again after this one...

I thought Christina was really ice cold by getting in the sheets with Owen like that, and then telling him she was leaving... Talk about shocking the guy! Very Christina, though, indeed!

I was a little surprised to see how much Derek wanted to leave for Boston, no matter how good the prospects for him are there. I was thinking he had more to keep him here than that, specially with the building house and all...

And talk about some yet another life altering finale we'll have there. No matter how unfeasible it is that only one of them will die after a plane crash like that, it should still be be intense next week. This way Shonda can "get rid" of whatever character and actor or actress that she "wants".
I found it interesting that this episode was called "Migrations", and Meredith said it herself that the birds go but they return... Will this plane crash event make them all even closer together and make them all stay at Seattle Grace after all?
Gusar
Gusar
46. RE: Episode discussion - season 8
May 13 2012, 3:37 AM EDT | Post edited: May 13 2012, 3:37 AM EDT
"1) So, I guess you were right, Gusar. April was indeed just getting wasted at the party.

2) I guess there are no "incidentals" or "overhead fund" for her, are there? LOL

3) Very witty and funny banter between Ben and Bailey this week, even though it was sad to see how it all ended...

4) I thought Christina was really ice cold by getting in the sheets with Owen like that, and then telling him she was leaving...

5) I was a little surprised to see how much Derek wanted to leave for Boston, no matter how good the prospects for him are there.

6) And talk about some yet another life altering finale we'll have there.

7) Will this plane crash event make them all even closer together and make them all stay at Seattle Grace after all?"
1) Toldya! Am I good, or am I good? :)

2) Haha. I was almost sure Webber was working an angle, like he usually is when he's being sneaky like that. But he just wanted the best for Karev, and made use of his chief skills.

3) Was quite the shock, yeah. However this time I'm not aware of Jason George having a new show (though admittedly, I didnt follow pilot season at all this year). So not sure what motivated this. Maybe just Shonda's sadism regarding messing with couples.

4) Heh. Goodbye sex.

5) He wants to cure Alzheimers. I'd say he's mostly motivated by fear that Meredith might have it in the future. That trumps any house.

6) Oh yeah, that will be intense next week.

7) I don't see any other way. Cos I really don't see how the show could work otherwise, with all of them being at separate hospitals. Can you imagine that, each ep jumping form hospital to hospital?
Though something still sounds weird here, I mean, some of them (Alex and Derek in particular) got *really* good deals. The event that makes them give it up will have to be *extremely* crazy.
Losa78
Losa78
47. RE: Episode discussion - season 8
May 13 2012, 7:15 AM EDT | Post edited: May 13 2012, 7:15 AM EDT
"1) Toldya! Am I good, or am I good? :)

2) Haha. I was almost sure Webber was working an angle, like he usually is when he's being sneaky like that. But he just wanted the best for Karev, and made use of his chief skills.

3) Was quite the shock, yeah. However this time I'm not aware of Jason George having a new show (though admittedly, I didnt follow pilot season at all this year). So not sure what motivated this. Maybe just Shonda's sadism regarding messing with couples.

4) Heh. Goodbye sex.

5) He wants to cure Alzheimers. I'd say he's mostly motivated by fear that Meredith might have it in the future. That trumps any house.

6) Oh yeah, that will be intense next week.

7) I don't see any other way. Cos I really don't see how the show could work otherwise, with all of them being at separate hospitals. Can you imagine that, each ep jumping form hospital to hospital?
Though something still sounds weird here, I mean, some of them (Alex and Derek in particular) got *really* good deals. The event that makes them give it up will have to be *extremely* crazy. "
1) You're good, man! ;)

2) Yeah, at first I thought that too (I guess we all did).

3) It was all too sudden, actually. I hope there is a good purpose or an endgame to this whole thing. Bailey doesn't deserve something like this.

4) Indeed. Still too cold.

5) I guess you're right.

6) Word.

7) There is no way the show would ever leave Seattle Grace. Wouldn't make any sense. That hospital is an extremely essential part of the show. I also wonder how extreme and crazy it will have to be in order to keep everybody there. I just hope it's not something forced, unfeasible or silly. It's very hard to picture what it might be, though...
Gusar
Gusar
48. RE: Episode discussion - season 8
May 15 2012, 2:19 PM EDT | Post edited: May 15 2012, 2:21 PM EDT
Ok, found Jason George's new show - Mistresses:

pookiesmama
pookiesmama
49. RE: Episode discussion - season 8
May 16 2012, 5:43 AM EDT | Post edited: May 16 2012, 5:43 AM EDT
**SPOILER*** After watching the recent promo which shows the first 6 minutes of the season finale I honestly have no clue who may die? At first I thought it would play out differently than what I saw. Here is the link for the first 6 minutes If you have not seen this promo please check it out before you read on ...

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/05/greys-anatomy-season-finale-sneak-peek-the-first-six-minutes/

it looks as if Lexie is the one in critical condition Arizona could lose her leg (in all reality an inujury like that could lead to amputation especially after being out in the elements for who knows how long or maybe as she is trying to help the pilot the plane blows up suddenly and kills her. Derek smashes his hand and a lot of people are asking why did he do that why not beat on the wing and get Mer's attention maybe after he say his hand he thought or realized that his hand is never going to be the same. Could it mean Derek may not be able to operate again?
Ms Rhimes said a "dark dark death" So maybe the plane crash is a red herring. maybe one of the doctors in Seattle dies.
Dark dark death hmmm

Here are my many thoughts on how this finale could play out
April kills herself.
April gets into anotherbar fight and someone pulls a knife or gun on her and Jackson steps in and dies while saving her life.
Alex is killed by the grieving mother who has lost her mind after her baby died last week (It would figure in as Alex told Webber he was so happy last week)
A part of the plane crashes onto someone who we think is safe or someone from the plane crash just drops dead.
Webber kills himself after severe guild over cheating on Adele or Adele dies and Webber realizes he cant live without her and kills himself
Bailey's ex husband kills her.
Owen kills himself thinking Christina dies and he cannot take living without her
Gosh just so much can happen
Losa78
Losa78
50. RE: Episode discussion - season 8
May 16 2012, 8:20 AM EDT | Post edited: May 16 2012, 8:20 AM EDT
"Ok, found Jason George's new show - Mistresses"
Thanks sharing that, man. Now we *know* for sure that Jason George will leave Grey's for something really "Desperate Housewives" or alike, and Bailey will be single again... Bummer... I really liked the whole dynamic they had there... Much better than with Eli, if you ask me.

This whole thing must have been really sudden, because it was not well introduced at all, imho. Ben announces this new job completely out of nowhere, and I also don't think it makes sense that he would leave Bailey just like that, after all the dedication he's shown to her and all the things he said to her already... It's just... sad...
Losa78
Losa78
51. RE: Episode discussion - season 8
May 16 2012, 8:33 AM EDT | Post edited: May 16 2012, 8:33 AM EDT
"**SPOILER*** After watching the recent promo which shows the first 6 minutes of the season finale I honestly have no clue who may die? At first I thought it would play out differently than what I saw. Here is the link for the first 6 minutes If you have not seen this promo please check it out before you read on ...

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/05/greys-anatomy-season-finale-sneak-peek-the-first-six-minutes/

(... edited for space...)"
Good to see someone new and fresh here, Pookiesmama! I gather you reactivated your old account here, did you? Good!

Thanks so much for sharing that video with the rest of us here. Those who don't want to be spoiled in any way shouldn't really see this at all because it is indeed and literally the integral and literal first few minutes of the upcoming finale. Personally, I always like and I'm always eager for this stuff.

There is no telling who will die indeed, and whatever hints we may think we have can turn out to be totally wrong because misleading promos and "spoilers" are a well-known and perfected craft in the TV business, most specially with Shonda. The way I see it, the more banged up any of our doctors seems to be at the plane crash, the less likely it is to be him or her, so...
Whoever it is, though, it won't be happy or pretty in any way, but this does have the makings to be an epic finale!

You make a good point about Derek's hand... I think his intention is to brake some bones there because it's the only way he sees to get his hand out of there... Even Meredith probably wouldn't be able to help in any other way. The repercussions of this on a surgeon's future are bleak, though... Remember what happened to good old Burke and his whole recovery? That was pretty nasty as well...
Gusar
Gusar
52. RE: Episode discussion - season 8
May 17 2012, 4:23 AM EDT | Post edited: May 17 2012, 4:23 AM EDT
"Thanks sharing that, man. Now we *know* for sure that Jason George will leave Grey's for something really "Desperate Housewives" or alike, and Bailey will be single again... Bummer... I really liked the whole dynamic they had there... Much better than with Eli, if you ask me."
Yeah, while Eli was fun in his own way, Ben is a much better fit for Bailey.

And yeah, this wasn't introduced very well. But hey, TV is a business, and this stuff affects stories. Remember how the whole "Alex rats out Meredith" thing was because Rachel Taylor got cast in Charlie's Angels. A show that lasted three eps before being canceled. It sucks, but it's the reality of this business.
Gusar
Gusar
53. RE: Episode discussion - season 8
May 17 2012, 4:24 AM EDT | Post edited: May 17 2012, 4:25 AM EDT
Ok, I haven't watched the 6 minutes yet, and I won't, but I did read pookiesmama's post. A few words:

The one who dies is *not* at the hospital, Sarah Drew said so in an interview. It's someone who was one the plane. Not Derek, because why would Patrick Dempsey then sign a two year contract (it's possible they lied about that to not reveal spoilers, but I doubt it). Not Meredith, Cristina or Mark, because Ausiello said so, and what he says, goes.

So it's Arizona or Lexie. And I think Lexie dying would have a much bigger impact, so I'm going with her.

someria
someria
54. RE: Episode discussion - season 8
May 17 2012, 7:25 AM EDT | Post edited: May 17 2012, 7:26 AM EDT
About the new episode, like everyone here is discussing, i heard rumours that mcdreamy will die, is this true?

I would hate that to happen..since he and mer finally has started to work things out, they are finally that happy family!
And i would cry so bad if arizona or lexie dies, i mean lexie just told mark she loves him..this will destroy mark if she dies :(. But if arizona dies..thats just cruel she been through enough crap already..

Is heartbreaking to know someone of the awesome characters will die, and the rumour that it might be derek is just horrible! i hope it isnt true thou.

When will the next episode air, does anyone know? i am from sweden
and must see the episode on the internet..or wait for weeks lol.
Gusar
Gusar
55. RE: Episode discussion - season 8
May 17 2012, 7:42 AM EDT | Post edited: May 17 2012, 11:09 AM EDT
@Someria: The next episode airs tonight in the US, so for Europeans it'll be available tomorrow.

And I would not put any stock in rumors. Not one cent. Someone makes something up, and then it gets blown out of proportion. I've seen before how rumors spread. It's all a bunch of crap. Don't ever believe any "I've heard" stuff, only believe what comes from reputable sites like deadline.com, tvline.com, ew.com. Do you really think they'd be lying about Patrick Dempsey renewing his contract?
Losa78
Losa78
56. RE: Episode discussion - season 8
May 17 2012, 9:01 AM EDT | Post edited: May 17 2012, 9:01 AM EDT
"Ok, I haven't watched the 6 minutes yet, and I won't, but I did read pookiesmama's post. A few words:

The one who dies is *not* at the hospital, Sarah Drew said so in an interview. It's someone who was one the plane. Not Derek, because why would Patrick Dempsey then sign a two year contract (it's possible they lied about that to not reveal spoilers, but I doubt it). Not Meredith, Cristina or Mark, because Ausiello said so, and what he says, goes.

So it's Arizona or Lexie. And I think Lexie dying would have a much bigger impact, so I'm going with her.

"
If we're assuming it's someone on the plane, I would have to go with Lexie too. It's a given that it's not Meredith, Christina or Mark because they are all seen walking fine and about in the beginning of the finale episode, even though they are obviously somewhat banged up (they should be more, frankly, though). Arizona has a bone coming out of her leg, but she doesn't look like she's going to die at all. Besides, it would be extremely silly to dissolve Calzona at this point, since it seems to be a very popular Grey's couple. If Jessica Capshaw has other plans, that's another story, though, but I don't think she does, does she?

So, yeah, my vote is on Lexie, extremely sad as it may be... If it happens, Mark's "choice" between her and Julia is automatically done in this so very drastic way... Does Chyler Leigh have other plans as well? Just wondering...
Gusar
Gusar
57. RE: Episode discussion - season 8
May 17 2012, 9:26 AM EDT | Post edited: May 17 2012, 9:26 AM EDT
"1) it would be extremely silly to dissolve Calzona at this point, since it seems to be a very popular Grey's couple.

2) If Jessica Capshaw has other plans, that's another story, though, but I don't think she does, does she?

3) Does Chyler Leigh have other plans as well? Just wondering..."
1) Oh, the popularity is quite debatable. There's people who never liked Callie, there's people who didn't *at all* like last season's Mark/Callie/Arizona triangle, and such. So liking this couple is not universal. Then again, any couple will have both fans and haters.

2) The only thing I can think of is that she's pregnant with her third child.

3) Well, she asked for time off at the beginning of the season - if you noticed, there wasn't much of her in the first few eps: http://tvline.com/2011/09/30/greys-anatomy-chyler-leigh-lexie-missing/. However, in that very same article, she says "I'm not going anywhere!"

I don't know what would hurt more. One the one hand, Calzona is what Willow/Tara should've been, so they're very special to me in that regard. But I like Lexie a lot too.

Gusar
Gusar
58. RE: Episode discussion - season 8
May 18 2012, 1:26 AM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2012, 1:28 AM EDT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111oneoneeleven

That is all... will write more once I'm able to process...

Losa78
Losa78
59. RE: Episode discussion - season 8
May 18 2012, 2:23 AM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2012, 2:23 AM EDT
"
<b>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111oneoneeleven</b>

That is all... will write more once I'm able to process...

"
Thank goodness you weren't able to process yet, man!
I just realized you must have seen the finale already, and I haven't! I just came here right now and I didn't even think that the finale has aired already, so I was almost utterly and hopelessly spoiled. It was just a matter of blind luck that I wasn't.
However, by your intense reaction, I fear it may be Arizona who dies, but I don't really want to know right now at all! I'll be sure to come back here only after I've seen the episode, which should only happen sometime tomorrow. See you then!
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)