Discussion: Those bastards!!! (Episode 8.9 - DON'T enter until you've seen the ep)Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 8 posts
Gusar
Gusar
Those bastards!!! (Episode 8.9 - DON'T enter until you've seen the ep)
Nov 11 2011, 1:13 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 11 2011, 1:13 PM EST
They killed Henry!!!

I know Shonda admires Joss and takes some cues from him, but did she have to take one of Joss' most annoying things, which is "a couple won't stay happy for long" ???
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
Losa78
Losa78
1. RE: Those bastards!!! (Episode 8.9 - DON'T enter until you've seen the ep)
Nov 12 2011, 6:10 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 12 2011, 6:10 AM EST
I know what you mean... They made a point to make Henry as sympathetic as possible, and now they just kill him off... One has to wonder is Scott Foley is gonna be on another show soon or something...

I found it a little too unrealistic that they couldn't have anyone else operating on Henry other than Yang, even though of course I understand it for all the drama reasons. The way they had her do it without even knowing who the person was just wasn't right... And we still haven't seen Teddy's reaction... That's gonna be rough...

And overall, it wasn't just Henry. This seemed to me like one of the darkest and most intense episodes I've seen in a long time. Henry dies, Meredith and Alex have to save the baby and caused that crash, Callie and Jackson screw up their surgery... That was a lot on just one episode... Indeed "dark was the night" on this one... And it seems to be just the beginning of a two-parter or something...
In the end, I missed the humor, as they always tend to have it... Maybe we'll be getting tons of it on upcoming episodes in order to make up for it...
Losa78
Losa78
2. RE: Those bastards!!! (Episode 8.9 - DON'T enter until you've seen the ep)
Nov 12 2011, 8:27 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 12 2011, 8:29 AM EST
By the way, is there any kind of promo at all for next week? I have looked around and I didn't find any... Are they specifically and intentionally leaving us totally on the edge of our seats where they left us?

Oh, and I can't believe there isn't anyone else here to comment on this stunning episode!

ETA:
Never mind... Seems like the show will only be back in December or something... These hiatuses are once again killing me... Specifically after an episode like this...
;)
Gusar
Gusar
3. RE: Those bastards!!! (Episode 8.9 - DON'T enter until you've seen the ep)
Nov 12 2011, 9:36 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 12 2011, 9:36 AM EST
"1) One has to wonder is Scott Foley is gonna be on another show soon or something...

2) The way they had her do it without even knowing who the person was just wasn't right... And we still haven't seen Teddy's reaction... That's gonna be rough...

3) In the end, I missed the humor, as they always tend to have it... Maybe we'll be getting tons of it on upcoming episodes in order to make up for it...

4) Seems like the show will only be back in December or something..."
1) Indeed he will. Can't remember right now which show, but he has one.

2) Not telling Christina who she's operating on I found ok. What I didn't like is when Owen started directly lying to Teddy.

3) Well, there was that "time-sharing Sophia" thing :))
But otherwise you're totally right, this ep was just dark and only dark and even more dark.

4) December? Try January. I wish I was kidding, but nope. No new eps until January.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Danielle_Monique
Danielle_Monique
4. RE: Those bastards!!! (Episode 8.9 - DON'T enter until you've seen the ep)
Nov 12 2011, 11:27 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 12 2011, 11:27 AM EST
I mean I couldn't believe it myself. I know she likes to torture couples before they can have a happily ever after but this is just so not cool. This episode was really intense for me to watch, it felt like too much.

Henry's death is gonna have the most devastating ripple effect we have ever seen in my mind, I thinking it's gonna be worse than George's death. I was basically screaming at the screen when I watched it online, I'm still shocked and can't believe this.

I really didn't like Owen lying to Teddy about Henry, that was not right, but I see why they did it. Cristina operating on someone without knowing there name is so Cristina Yang.

We will just have to wait and see what is the fallout from this. I feel like Cristina may quit surgery again, Teddy will never be able to teach Cristina. Teddy will end up resenting Owen and Richard. Cristina and Owen will be affected, maybe marriage ending.... And Lexie (Baby Grey ad I call her sometimes) will just be crying, crying, crying and will end up sleeping with Mark ( which secretly I'm waiting to happen).
Gusar
Gusar
5. RE: Those bastards!!! (Episode 8.9 - DON'T enter until you've seen the ep)
Nov 12 2011, 11:39 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 12 2011, 11:39 PM EST
"1) This episode was really intense for me to watch, it felt like too much.

2) Cristina operating on someone without knowing there name is so Cristina Yang.

3) And Lexie (Baby Grey as I call her sometimes) will just be crying, crying, crying and will end up sleeping with Mark ( which secretly I'm waiting to happen).
"
1) Yep, that would be a great way to summarize the ep.

2) "She's a machine. Give a laser in her hand and she won't care about the patient, she is gonna cut" <-- lol. But as you say, it's so very Christina. And who knew this could sometimes also be a good thing? :)

3) Haha.
Losa78
Losa78
6. RE: Those bastards!!! (Episode 8.9 - DON'T enter until you've seen the ep)
Nov 13 2011, 1:12 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 13 2011, 1:12 AM EST
"1) Indeed he will. Can't remember right now which show, but he has one.

2) Not telling Christina who she's operating on I found ok. What I didn't like is when Owen started directly lying to Teddy.

3) Well, there was that "time-sharing Sophia" thing :))
But otherwise you're totally right, this ep was just dark and only dark and even more dark.

4) December? Try January. I wish I was kidding, but nope. No new eps until January."
1) I knew it. This almost always happens when they kill important characters off. The actors move on and have better things to do, it seems.

2) I see what you mean. Indeed Owen didn't have to even be in that OR and lie to Teddy so much. He could just have left her to finish her surgery and then tell her in the end. I understand the fact that she couldn't really be interrupted, though.

3) I had forgotten about that. Indeed that was basically the only light-hearted part of the whole episode, even though it was also in the midst of Derek and Meredith loosing Zola... I trust this won't be final and the case will still turn around in Meredith and Derek's favor, though.

4) I had seen December on IMDB, but now it seems it's indeed January 2012. I had no idea this episode would turn out to be a mid-season finale, but I guess it figures, from all we've seen. This was almost season finale material if you ask me... Too intense and some huge cliffhangers...
Losa78
Losa78
7. RE: Those bastards!!! (Episode 8.9 - DON'T enter until you've seen the ep)
Nov 13 2011, 1:21 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 13 2011, 1:21 AM EST
"1) Henry's death is gonna have the most devastating ripple effect we have ever seen in my mind, I thinking it's gonna be worse than George's death. I was basically screaming at the screen when I watched it online, I'm still shocked and can't believe this.

2) We will just have to wait and see what is the fallout from this. I feel like Cristina may quit surgery again, Teddy will never be able to teach Cristina. Teddy will end up resenting Owen and Richard. Cristina and Owen will be affected, maybe marriage ending...."
1) Hmmm... I don't know... George was much more of a central character than Henry ever was, and George's death was a lot more tragic and unpredictable... At least Henry had a chronic disease, so a situation like this could never be totally ruled out. It's surely very sad to see Henry go, but George's death was even more unexpected and shocking, at least if we didn't know he off-screen drama behind it, that is...

2) I hadn't yet considered all these angles. Interesting to think that Christina may have another quitting problem indeed... or maybe Shonda will come up with something different this time in order not to repeat herself... The consequences on Teddy's relationship with Christina can indeed be dramatic, even though it was Teddy who adamantly asked for Christina in the first place, and then there was nothing Christina could have done to save Henry... We shall wait and see... January is still a long way off... :(