Discussion: Discussion: Episode 8.7 - Put Me In Coach - Discuss hereReported This is a featured thread

Showing 9 posts
SuperJ1997
SuperJ1997
Discussion: Episode 8.7 - Put Me In Coach - Discuss here
Oct 29 2011, 6:05 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2011, 6:05 AM EDT
Owen stresses teamwork and moves his leadership role over to the baseball field when he signs the doctors up for a baseball league, pitting them against their biggest competition, Seattle Presbyterian; Lexie tries to hide her jealous rage when she sees Mark with a new woman, but her emotions get the better of her; Alex fights to keep Zola at Seattle Grace after it is suggested that she be moved to another hospital due to a conflict of interest with Meredith and Derek; and Richard scolds Meredith and Bailey for their feud.

Let me know what you think :)
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
SuperJ1997
SuperJ1997
1. RE: Discussion: Episode 8.7 - Put Me In Coach - Discuss here
Oct 29 2011, 7:03 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2011, 7:03 AM EDT
I loved this episode! I loved how Mark's new girlfriend stirred things up between Lexie and Avery because as sweet and he is, I want Slexie and it's pretty obvious that Lexie still had at least a tiny thing for Sloan. Hopefully Sloan isn't too happy with his new girlfriend or I fear Lexie will have to throw another softball at her :P

I was happy when Derek's patient survived but I wish Meredith would leave the pink scrubs and go back to neuro but as long as they get Zola back I will be happy. Speaking of which, Alex was super sweet in doing what he did just to get them a hearing :) I'm beginning to like him again.

The little bit of Calzona was awesome (as always) and I loved the interaction between Meredith and Cristina during the game as they were drinking and trying to catch the ball and "keeping the faith" as there were a couple of funny moments there like when Cristina told Meredith that her mother would have been proud and they started laughing and giggling :)
Gusar
Gusar
2. RE: Discussion: Episode 8.7 - Put Me In Coach - Discuss here
Oct 29 2011, 9:23 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2011, 9:24 AM EDT
"1) Hopefully Sloan isn't too happy with his new girlfriend or I fear Lexie will have to throw another softball at her :P

2) I was happy when Derek's patient survived but I wish Meredith would leave the pink scrubs and go back to neuro but as long as they get Zola back I will be happy.

3) Speaking of which, Alex was super sweet in doing what he did just to get them a hearing :) I'm beginning to like him again.

4) The little bit of Calzona was awesome (as always) and I loved the interaction between Meredith and Cristina during the game as they were drinking and trying to catch the ball and "keeping the faith" as there were a couple of funny moments there like when Cristina told Meredith that her mother would have been proud and they started laughing and giggling :)"
1) Hahahaha! Yeah, that was... yeah. Though, Lexie has a "tiny thing" for Mark? Understatement of the century much? :)
About two eps and Jackson/Lexie will be no more. Jackson is not stupid and Slexie is just too awesome. Too bad for Jackson though. He deserves better.

2) Err, Meredith *did* leave the vagina squad. She's now on the diabetes trial full time. I said Bailey will give in. And she did.
Also, LOL at using baseball to figure out how to do brain surgery.

3) It wasn't just sweet, it was awesome the way he did it. Free surgery for a social worker! LOL

4) The game was awesome, yes. Calzona making out! Someone once said this for a different lesbian couple, but it applies to Calzona as well: "Bless them for being so hot and horny." :)
And these folks getting drunk is always funny. But boy do they suck at softball :)
Losa78
Losa78
3. RE: Discussion: Episode 8.7 - Put Me In Coach - Discuss here
Oct 30 2011, 3:18 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 30 2011, 3:18 AM EDT
Indeed at last Sloan starts seeing someone else (even if for just 48 hours ;)) and that's what it takes for Lexie to be jealous and Jackson to FINALLY catch on to it. At last! Slexie is very close to being back in full swing now. And poor Jackson... He doesn't deserve because he is a good guy, but he totally played into what he's going to get right now, so he is to blame for his own predicament, right?

What was with throwing the balls the way they did, so slowly and easy for the batter? I don't know much about softball (or whatever, if at all), but it seemed to me that handling the ball like that instead of throwing it straight made it really easy, much to the competing chief's delight! LOL

I liked the way Webber handled the Bailey / Meredith conflict on this episode. Seemed like the old chief was back, didn't it? I think the guy will never totally loose that status and that whole vibe.

Alex is doing yet another one of his good deeds, which means he will be back to his bad deeds as well soon enough, probably from the competition in pediatrics he will have on the next episode. The guy totally works on cycles. And let's see how the judge will rule now, even after threatening Alex with a federal offense.
Gusar
Gusar
4. RE: Discussion: Episode 8.7 - Put Me In Coach - Discuss here
Oct 30 2011, 5:17 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 30 2011, 5:17 AM EDT
"1) He doesn't deserve because he is a good guy, but he totally played into what he's going to get right now, so he is to blame for his own predicament, right?

2) What was with throwing the balls the way they did, so slowly and easy for the batter? I don't know much about softball (or whatever, if at all), but it seemed to me that handling the ball like that instead of throwing it straight made it really easy

3) I liked the way Webber handled the Bailey / Meredith conflict on this episode. Seemed like the old chief was back, didn't it? I think the guy will never totally loose that status and that whole vibe.

4) Alex is doing yet another one of his good deeds, which means he will be back to his bad deeds as well soon enough, probably from the compet­ition in pediatrics he will have on the next episode. The guy totally works on cycles."
1) Yeah, that's kinda a nice way of putting it. He's not completely innocent, he knew the situation. Hell, his mother was there for only a few days and she saw it.

2) Exactly this is the difference between softball and baseball. Also note how the ball was much bigger than in baseball.

3) Yeah, he'll forever be "the chief". It's a respect thing, that doesn't go away easily.

4) Cycles, LOL. It fits, though :)
Losa78
Losa78
5. RE: Discussion: Episode 8.7 - Put Me In Coach - Discuss here
Oct 31 2011, 12:07 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 31 2011, 12:07 PM EDT
"Exactly this is the difference between softball and baseball. Also note how the ball was much bigger than in baseball."
The things you always seem to know about specific american culture stuff amaze me every time, man! I know there's Google and all, but still...
So I guess that "softball" is a "softer" version of baseball, then... They did throw the ball kind of like sissies...
SuperJ1997
SuperJ1997
6. RE: Discussion: Episode 8.7 - Put Me In Coach - Discuss here
Oct 31 2011, 1:21 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 31 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
I expected more of Teddy when it comes to pitching... I mean, she was practically the whole episode trying to become the pitcher and then she wasn't any good :P Do you find this valuable?    
Gusar
Gusar
7. RE: Discussion: Episode 8.7 - Put Me In Coach - Discuss here
Oct 31 2011, 3:37 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 31 2011, 3:37 PM EDT
"I expected more of Teddy when it comes to pitching..."
Interesting that you say that... Because for me it was totally predictable that she'll suck :).
Danielle_Monique
Danielle_Monique
8. RE: Discussion: Episode 8.7 - Put Me In Coach - Discuss here
Nov 12 2011, 11:36 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 12 2011, 11:36 AM EST
I loved this episode my favourite part was Lexie hitting Mark's girlfriend with the ball, it cracked me up.... Of course we know that Lexie and Mark are supposed to be together but Shonda being herself has to torture us before the couple can be happy. The disagreement between Bailey and Meredith is really annoying, I mean they need to get over it like yesterday. Do you find this valuable?