Discussion: Season 2 DVD Box Set for Grey's AnatomyReported This is a featured thread

Showing 8 posts
GingerCushman
GingerCushman
Season 2 DVD Box Set for Grey's Anatomy
Jan 28 2011, 5:20 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 28 2011, 5:20 PM EST
Has anyone found that their DVD box set for Grey's Anatomy Season 2 is missing 3 episodes: #13, Begin The Begin; #14, Tell Me Sweet Little Lies; and, #27, Losing My Religion? Also, there are no Special Features as advertised on the box set cover, and there are no titles for any of the episodes on the discs. Someone messed up I think. Who do you contact about something like this? It isn't the vendors fault because they did not create and distribute the original DVD sets. They just sell them. I sent an email to ABC, but they were of no help. Anyone out there have the same problem? 11  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None

Kellie72
1. RE: Season 2 DVD Box Set for Grey's Anatomy
Mar 23 2011, 1:58 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 23 2011, 1:58 AM EDT
Hi there, yes I have just discovered the same problem that episode 13/14 is missing on season 2 of the boxed set. Very annoying trying to catch up when 2 episodes have been skipped. Did you get a refund or replacement? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
GingerCushman
GingerCushman
2. RE: Season 2 DVD Box Set for Grey's Anatomy
Mar 24 2011, 7:08 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 24 2011, 7:08 PM EDT
No. I didn't request either. All of the Season 2 Box Sets are like that. And, it's 3 episodes missing, not 2. The last episode of the season is also missing. You can go on-line to Amazon.com and look up Grey's Anatomy as if to purchase and watch the 3 episodes on your computer. Do you find this valuable?    

jledwards3
3. RE: Season 2 DVD Box Set for Grey's Anatomy
Apr 5 2011, 4:57 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 5 2011, 4:57 AM EDT
I discovered the same problem, but I thought it was an isolated incident, so I returned it and bought a new one, except it was the same. What did ABC tell you? I recently emailed them as well about the problem, and I haven't heard back. You would think if they are aware of the problem, they would be trying to do something to fix it. Do you find this valuable?    
GingerCushman
GingerCushman
4. RE: Season 2 DVD Box Set for Grey's Anatomy
Apr 5 2011, 12:56 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 5 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
No, I never heard back from ABC. If the problem had been discovered back when the Season 2 DVD Box Set was first came out, maybe they would have done something then, but too much time has gone by now. I really doubt if anyone will or can do anything about it at this time. It would be so costly to redo the Box Set and redistribute. Now if they would just make one DVD for those 3 missing episodes, that would really be great. Maybe if enough of us would write to ABC demanding that they at least release those 3 episodes (#'s 13, 14 and 27), then they might do it. Do you find this valuable?    

musicislife0344
5. RE: Season 2 DVD Box Set for Grey's Anatomy
May 30 2011, 9:39 AM EDT | Post edited: May 30 2011, 9:39 AM EDT
mine has the same problem! i'm hoping we can get this sorted out:/ Do you find this valuable?    
TonyTeshera
TonyTeshera
6. RE: Season 2 DVD Box Set for Grey's Anatomy
Jan 10 2013, 4:18 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2013, 4:19 AM EST
SOLUTION: The DVDs have the missing episodes. It's the DVD menu that's broken. If you have a computer with a DVD drive (most everyone does), you can use DVD player software that will open individual VOB files on the DVD to watching the missing episodes. I just discovered this work-around last night and it worked perfectly. 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

JennR85
7. RE: Season 2 DVD Box Set for Grey's Anatomy
Oct 14 2016, 12:59 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2016, 12:59 PM EDT
Thank you for your solution! I just bought this and I was really disappointed episodes were missing! Do you find this valuable?