Discussion: why should George dieReported This is a featured thread

Showing 6 posts
Tia773
Tia773
why should George die
Jan 14 2011, 7:09 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2011, 7:09 AM EST
George death has made feel this life we live is just like an egg, drops froms your hands and it breaks and it cannot be repaired,even though is a movie its makes me feel life is too short and anything can happened to you anytime Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
Losa78
Losa78
1. RE: why should George die
Jan 14 2011, 11:12 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2011, 11:12 AM EST
I see you're just now starting season 6 then, Tia.
If it makes you feel any better, know that George only died because the actor who played him (T. R. Knight) wanted to leave the show, so he did. There were issues on the set for him after he openly revealed that he was gay.
Do you find this valuable?    
Gusar
Gusar
2. RE: why should George die
Jan 14 2011, 11:17 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2011, 11:17 AM EST
"There were issues on the set for him after he openly revealed that he was gay."
*That* was the problem??

Holy eff... on a show so supportive of gays, a gay actor had problems?
Losa78
Losa78
3. RE: why should George die
Jan 14 2011, 12:05 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2011, 12:05 PM EST
"*That* was the problem??

Holy eff... on a show so supportive of gays, a gay actor had problems?"
Yeah, well, that's what I read. Specially Isaiah Washington (who played Preston Burke) seemed to show lots of homophobic and anti-gay attitudes on set, which made it even worse for T R Knight.
The character had been getting less and less screen time as well, so T R Knight was also most unhappy about that, it seems.
Gusar
Gusar
4. RE: why should George die
Jan 15 2011, 12:22 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 15 2011, 12:22 AM EST
I think there's something else behind it too. Especially the less screen time thing. The way you describe it, doesn't sound right. I think it's the other way around - there was some sort of backstage drama coming from him, and as punishment he got less screen time and was ultimately written out of the show. Do you find this valuable?    
Losa78
Losa78
5. RE: why should George die
Jan 15 2011, 2:02 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 15 2011, 2:02 AM EST
"I think there's something else behind it too. Especially the less screen time thing. The way you describe it, doesn't sound right. I think it's the other way around - there was some sort of backstage drama coming from him, and as punishment he got less screen time and was ultimately written out of the show."
Yeah, well, the news also reported that Shonda decided to cut George's screen time because of T R Knight's decision to openly reveal he was gay, even though Shonda defended herself saying she cut his screen time so audiences wouldn't miss him so much when he left for good.
Other stories focused just on T R Knight being unsatisfied with the lack of decent lines and story George had been having. Ultimately, he was released from his remaining three years of contract.
You can all see for yourselves, even today. Just do a google search on "TR Knight leaves Grey's" or something alike. You know how this gossipy stuff works, so...