Discussion: Episode 7.10 Adrift and at Peace - Talk about it here!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 16 of 16  |  Show  posts at a time

Wild-Kat
Episode 7.10 Adrift and at Peace - Talk about it here!
Dec 2 2010, 5:30 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 2 2010, 5:30 AM EST
Despite Meredith's objections to the idea, a concerned Derek takes Cristina on a fishing trip in order to get away from it all. Meanwhile Teddy, feeling directionless without Cristina, focuses all of her efforts and compassion towards a dying patient who lacks the proper insurance to seek medical treatment.

Talk about it here!
Do you find this valuable?    

Wild-Kat
1. RE: Episode 7.10 Adrift and at Peace - Talk about it here!
Dec 3 2010, 7:16 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 3 2010, 7:16 AM EST
Great stuff in this last episode, though I'm sad it'll be a while before we get more Grey's!

So, Mark and Lexie, and Callie and Arizona -- back together again (we thinks!) Who's happy about the couples reuniting?

And, Teddy's marrying her patient? Wonder what will happen there...Would you do it if it meant saving a life?

And I can't help but really like Owen... He's my kind of guy, and whether or not you think he's right about the way he's handling Cristina or not, is one thing, but at least the guy is really caring!

torialice46
2. RE: Episode 7.10 Adrift and at Peace - Talk about it here!
Dec 3 2010, 10:37 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 3 2010, 10:37 AM EST
I can't believe Callie slammed the door on Arizona... Well I can. I might have done the same thing but I'm bummed. They better get back together.

Mark and Lexie are going to be good again. I liked them but I need Calzona!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Losa78
Losa78
3. RE: Episode 7.10 Adrift and at Peace - Talk about it here!
Dec 4 2010, 1:11 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 4 2010, 1:11 AM EST
Just seen this.

Good to see Bailey is getting back on track with some purpose, both professionally and personally. She does act a little too silly and goofy while she's talking medical stuff with Webber, but I sure get a few laughs from there. xD

I think that Teddy proposing to marry that patient guy just to give him her medical insurance has definitely got to go down as one of the biggest WTF moments of this whole show, or at least this season... I can understand the oath and saving lives and stuff that doctors take and do, but this?! I mean... srsly?! Is the twist here gonna be that they actually make it work as a real couple and the guy becomes a love interest for Teddy? Gusar should probably know about this...
Personally, I never bought the fact that the guy even had a fiancée at all, but maybe I'm being too mean here...

On another note, I'm still thinking about the real meaning of Christina's crying when she was holding her fish. Did she have some sort of an epiphany *at last*? Why the fish? Was this Christina "at drift" first and finally "at peace" in the end? Anyone want to help me out on this?

And in the end Arizona is back already, as expected. They sure wrapped things up between Callie and Mark quickly enough to set up the path for that. No Calzona fan should be worried at all about the door slamming in the end. Callie will come around.
Oh, and Karev is definitely gonna be a much happier guy right on the next episode. Waiting so much for it is a bummer, though...

torialice46
4. RE: Episode 7.10 Adrift and at Peace - Talk about it here!
Dec 4 2010, 7:51 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 4 2010, 7:51 AM EST
Super excited Bailey has a date with a cute nurse, but I am kinda hoping Ben comes back. There were so good for each other.

Teddy should not have proposed. That was weird. I know she wants to save his life and all but it seems like randomly marrying a heart surgeon that he has only met once will just cause drama with the insurance and mess up Teddy's career. Unless they do fall in love I guess.

Cristina crying kinda hit home with me. It reminded me of going through a hard time in life and finally accomplishing something, even if it was catching a fish, and realizing you are not broken. I think she realized she still has fight in her. She was so determined to catch a fish, researching online and such. When she realized she could accomplish that, I think she realized she isn't done with being a surgeon. That's what I got out of it though, but I tend to over analyze this show waaaaaay too much. :)
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Gusar
Gusar
5. RE: Episode 7.10 Adrift and at Peace - Talk about it here!
Dec 4 2010, 9:39 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 4 2010, 10:31 AM EST
"Super excited Bailey has a date with a cute nurse, but I am kinda hoping Ben comes back. There were so good for each other."
Ben is not coming back. The actor got cast in Shonda's new show "Off the Map".

Now I'll try to write something about the ep, but my brain is totally fried from playing Bejeweled Blitz all day. So let's see...
a) Mark's talk with the nurse - LOOOOOOL!

b) Teddy proposing to marry the guy... like Losa said, WTF? But for me, a *good* WTF. I'm genuinely excited to see where this will be going.

c) Christina... I'd say she finally managed to achieve closure. And I think it came from her being able to simply shut down her brain, like Derek asked her to. Sort of "rebooting" her brain :)

d) Callie closing the door on Arizona... I get it. Callie was totally and completely heartbroken. You can't just reverse that in a second. But after she'll have time to process the shock... gradual healing will begin. Or they'll just skip the gradual part and go straight to kissing, like it was with Tara&Willow :)
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
grey_girl
grey_girl
6. RE: Episode 7.10 Adrift and at Peace - Talk about it here!
Dec 4 2010, 5:15 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 4 2010, 5:15 PM EST
yeah arizona's back woohoo!! it was a shame though, there was a slamming of the door..but we can't blame callie about it.. i wish everything will be fine.. hoping for lots of CALZONA moments =) Do you find this valuable?    
SuperJ1997
SuperJ1997
7. RE: Episode 7.10 Adrift and at Peace - Talk about it here!
Dec 7 2010, 12:16 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 7 2010, 12:16 PM EST
"Good to see Bailey is getting back on track with some purpose, both professionally and personally. She does act a little too silly and goofy while she's talking medical stuff with Webber, but I sure get a few laughs from there. xD"
WHY DID CALLIE CLOSE THE DOOR ON HER!?!?!? They are so perfect for each other. And Arizona came back from Africa, left a HUGE carrier opportunity for Callie and she doesn't even get a hello, a smile maybe? That just made me soooo frustrated!! I know Callie was left completely heartbroken but WTF! I just hope they get over it and start again. I really want them to be together. It would definitely make my day. But on the other hand, Mark and Lexie!!! I'm hoping they'll be together again <3

Cristina's crying... poor her... she finally did something. I think it was happy crying. I'm hoping she'll go back to surgery. She is a cardio god, and can't just walk away from that. Meredith went through worse and is still there. She asked to be shot, stood there and had the guts to go there with her amazing soulful speeches: "I'm your eye for and eye" knowing she could die, knowing everyone in that room, in that hospital could die.

Teddy proposing: plain ridiculous.
1. She doesn't even know the guy.
2. She's probably going to get hurt when he dies (which he might)
3. It so reminds me of Izzie and Denny - that ended up well...
4. They're getting married for the wrong reasons, even if they do fall in love later (Imagine telling your kids...)
5. Definitely an un-thought decision, wreckless....
6. (based on points 2 and 3) I don't want teddy lying down on a bathroom floor and qutting her carrier, there will be no cardio department if that happens...

I don't think it'll end well... but that's just me... maybe something good will come out of it, except the look of it ain't the best right now....
SuperJ1997
SuperJ1997
8. RE: Episode 7.10 Adrift and at Peace - Talk about it here!
Dec 7 2010, 12:18 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 7 2010, 12:18 PM EST
Didn't forget to talk about Bailey, just ran out of words.

LOVED her reaction when she interrupted the board meeting. Hilarious! She was so confident and so happy. Definitely made me laugh. I don't think anybody had ever seen her like that.

Also, I know I haven't come here frequently. Been busy. But I also loved the part in another episode when Bailey was drunk. She was completely crazy :P
SuperJ1997
SuperJ1997
9. RE: Episode 7.10 Adrift and at Peace - Talk about it here!
Dec 7 2010, 12:23 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 7 2010, 12:23 PM EST
"d) Callie closing the door on Arizona... I get it. Callie was totally and completely heartbroken. You can't just reverse that in a second. But after she'll have time to process the shock... gradual healing will begin. Or they'll just skip the gradual part and go straight to kissing, like it was with Tara&Willow :)
"
Also a Buffy fan? One right here!
It could happen. Willow and Tara trusted each other. After every apocalipse together, after going through other hard times together such as Buffy's death in season 5, they had built a relationship.
Callie and Arizona, they have been together for a while and for Callie to want to go to Africa or for Arizona leaving Africa really shows a high level of commitment to their relationship. Their break up was definitely a 'down' in a series of 'ups' and 'downs' but it would be amazing if they would be together again. I love them together, almost as much as I loved Tara and Willow together.
Losa78
Losa78
10. RE: Episode 7.10 Adrift and at Peace - Talk about it here!
Dec 8 2010, 10:04 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 8 2010, 10:04 AM EST
"Didn't forget to talk about Bailey, just ran out of words.

LOVED her reaction when she interrupted the board meeting. Hilarious! She was so confident and so happy. Definitely made me laugh. I don't think anybody had ever seen her like that.

Also, I know I haven't come here frequently. Been busy. But I also loved the part in another episode when Bailey was drunk. She was completely crazy :P"
The only time when I remember seeing Bailey close to that sort of attitude was when she was presenting her project to Webber in order to apply for the 1.000.000 dollar grant he was conceding to one of the departments. She was also tilting her head and speaking and acting all goofy then as well.

Seems like a trend of hers now, at least around Webber, which I guess it doesn't totally match with her very initial "nazi" profile (remember?;)), but I guess it makes sense now as a way for her to overcome and deal with her recent big losses.
Still my favorite character right there. Go, Bailey!

It's okay you haven't bee here much lately, J. We understand, but we really need you much more often so don't go away again for so long, ya hear?
;)
SuperJ1997
SuperJ1997
11. RE: Episode 7.10 Adrift and at Peace - Talk about it here!
Dec 9 2010, 6:10 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 9 2010, 6:10 AM EST
"Seems like a trend of hers now, at least around Webber, which I guess it doesn't totally match with her very initial "nazi" profile (remember?;)), but I guess it makes sense now as a way for her to overcome and deal with her recent big losses.
Still my favorite character right there. Go, Bailey!"
I used to think it was such an exaggeration to call her a nazi. She wasn't the sweetest to Meredith and the other interns but she always got the job done and was capable of opening up, but only to the right people. The nazi thing was funny though :P (don't know if there are any German people in this website - if there are any, I'm so terribly sorry :S ).

I guess it is true that being happy and confident makes her forget about Ben and the shooting, all the people that died in the shooting, Mary - I think that was her name (who died later on)... She really needed that win.

And yes, I might be sticking around except school stuff keep me busy. I'll try to come regularly. It only takes 5 minutes to come here, read and say what I think in relation to other people's opinions so...easy deal :)

"Go, Bailey!"
Losa78
Losa78
12. RE: Episode 7.10 Adrift and at Peace - Talk about it here!
Dec 9 2010, 8:25 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 9 2010, 8:25 AM EST
"I used to think it was such an exaggeration to call her a nazi. She wasn't the sweetest to Meredith and the other interns but she always got the job done and was capable of opening up, but only to the right people. The nazi thing was funny though :P (don't know if there are any German people in this website - if there are any, I'm so terribly sorry :S ).

I guess it is true that being happy and confident makes her forget about Ben and the shooting, all the people that died in the shooting, Mary - I think that was her name (who died later on)... She really needed that win.

And yes, I might be sticking around except school stuff keep me busy. I'll try to come regularly. It only takes 5 minutes to come here, read and say what I think in relation to other people's opinions so...easy deal :)

"Go, Bailey!""
Yeah, well, it was natural for most most interns to call Bailey a "nazi" because all they saw (at least at first) was that side of Bailey. The interns we followed since day one on this show pretty much stayed in the hospital as residents now (except those who were off the show for their own reasons), but it's not likely that all of the interns would, so the "nazi" name could have stuck easily. In the long run, Shonda doesn't expect us to overthink this kind of stuff and hopes we just forget about it, which is natural through the seasons.

As for German members, I don't really know any here, but if I did, I'm sure it would be totally okay, because being German doesn't mean being a nazi at all. I know German people from other wikis and they are some of the coolest and better people there, so...

I wouldn't say these breakthroughs from Bailey make her forget about the shooting and the lost patients, but rather help her cope with that and deal with her losses better, kind of making her feel in control again, which is what she needs.

Nat2008
13. RE: Episode 7.10 Adrift and at Peace - Talk about it here!
Jan 6 2011, 6:15 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2011, 6:15 AM EST
"I can't believe Callie slammed the door on Arizona... Well I can. I might have done the same thing but I'm bummed. They better get back together.

Mark and Lexie are going to be good again. I liked them but I need Calzona!"
I totaly hear you, i actually thought it was gonna go other way around, but maybe this is a good thing, cause the story needs to stay tense and interesting, but i really have high hopes for calzona...love like that needs to work out, even if just on tv...btw mark and lexie, yay :)
SuperJ1997
SuperJ1997
14. RE: Episode 7.10 Adrift and at Peace - Talk about it here!
Jan 7 2011, 11:41 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 7 2011, 11:41 AM EST
"As for German members, I don't really know any here, but if I did, I'm sure it would be totally okay, because being German doesn't mean being a nazi at all. I know German people from other wikis and they are some of the coolest and better people there, so..."
I know it doesn't mean that..... I mean, I have German people at my school and am actually working with one on a project about the II World War and he is totally OK with it but there is this other German guy who isn't very fond of talking about the war. It's not that he minds but he isn't very comfortable with it.

Btw have you (and/or any other Grey's Anatomy Wiki members) watched the new episode "Disarm"? Only two people have commented and it was - in my opinion - the best of the whole season up to know so it's definitely worth watching :)
Losa78
Losa78
15. RE: Episode 7.10 Adrift and at Peace - Talk about it here!
Jan 7 2011, 11:59 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 7 2011, 11:59 AM EST
"Btw have you (and/or any other Grey's Anatomy Wiki members) watched the new episode "Disarm"? Only two people have commented and it was - in my opinion - the best of the whole season up to know so it's definitely worth watching :)"
No, I haven't had the time to watch the latest Grey's yet, and I'm staying away from the corresponding thread for now, in order not to be too spoiled, hence the totally off-topic post here! LOL
I'll be around tomorrow. I haven't also found decent subtitles yet, anyway. I'm too lazy to watch without them... ;)

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)