Discussion: Episode 7.04 Can't Fight Biology - Talk About It!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 10 posts

Wild-Kat
Episode 7.04 Can't Fight Biology - Talk About It!
Oct 14 2010, 6:49 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2010, 6:49 AM EDT
Things are hostile on all fronts when a visit to the obstetrician results in some disturbing news for Meredith and Derek, and Lexie loses it when she notices Meredith and April getting closer. Meanwhile a car crash brings in multiple traumas and Jackson tries using his physical attributes to get ahead in the operating room, while Cristina's self-doubt carries outside of the hospital and into her house hunting with Owen.

Talk about it here!
Do you find this valuable?    
Losa78
Losa78
1. RE: Episode 7.04 Can't Fight Biology - Talk About It!
Oct 14 2010, 11:13 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2010, 11:13 AM EDT

Official promo, a sneak peek and a video with promotional pictures:
(play the videos at your own peril)

Losa78
Losa78
2. RE: Episode 7.04 Can't Fight Biology - Talk About It!
Oct 14 2010, 11:14 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2010, 11:14 AM EDT

We want to hear all your thoughts and opinions on this, ya hear?
;)

Wild-Kat
3. RE: Episode 7.04 Can't Fight Biology - Talk About It!
Oct 14 2010, 8:13 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2010, 8:13 PM EDT
Loved the play going on between Callie, Arizona and Mark. He's such a character. Also thought Derek's speech at the end of the show to Meredith was just so totally sweet!

I also like that Cristina is mellowing out and that she and Owen just might work. What were your favorite parts?
FifthKazekageForever
FifthKazekageForever
4. RE: Episode 7.04 Can't Fight Biology - Talk About It!
Oct 14 2010, 9:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2010, 9:45 PM EDT
"Loved the play going on between Callie, Arizona and Mark. He's such a character."
MYFAVEPART :D That scene at the end, when AZ tells Mark that they are going to dinner together on a 'date'...That made my life! XD
Fave quote? "Lexie, you're not crazy. You're a Grey..." That was so good! I did actually feel a little sad for April for how Lexie treated her! I couldn't believe i started taking her side...but then again i also couldn't believe that Mer would tell April all those things and not poor Lexie! Until, I saw the bit at the end with said quote...That was indeed a good scene..

Poor Meredith, this wasn't such a great ep for her. Alot of bad news hitting her. But it really did fit in with the storyline, the title of the episode and her patient's storyline.. I am so glad that Derek said to Meredith that he didn't want her to find out about the Alzheimer's gene! I was internally bashing myself because of it XD just like the writer of the ep, Pete Nowalk said:

"Meredith Grey doesn’t get many breaks in life. Maybe it’s because of her upbringing, or maybe it’s something wonky about her DNA, but someone in the world has decided to deal her tons o’ crap..."

"She’s got balls. Derek reminds her that, expiration date or not, there’s no reason to think about it. None of us can know what’ll come tomorrow so why not just throw caution to the wind and be. So those test results? They’ll stay in the lab, out of sight and out of mind. I’m relieved."

And so am I, Pete. So am I.

And the Teddy/Avery bit in the locker room? reminds me of nother very smart thing that Pete said that I agree with VERY MUCH...

"Last but not least, Jackson got shirtless. As you saw, that boy has good genes. Great genes. Not a chicken leg gene in sight. I really have nothing more to say about this except...

You’re welcome."
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Gusar
Gusar
5. RE: Episode 7.04 Can't Fight Biology - Talk About It!
Oct 15 2010, 12:34 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 15 2010, 12:34 PM EDT
Word of the day: "boobs"

1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
FifthKazekageForever
FifthKazekageForever
6. RE: Episode 7.04 Can't Fight Biology - Talk About It!
Oct 15 2010, 6:03 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 15 2010, 6:03 PM EDT
LOL soooo true! XD Do you find this valuable?    
Losa78
Losa78
7. RE: Episode 7.04 Can't Fight Biology - Talk About It!
Oct 16 2010, 9:36 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 16 2010, 9:36 AM EDT
"Voccê tene una camisina?"
(intentionally bad Portuguese to match the phonetics heard as much as possible)
xD

So I finally got around to see this and I agree on the keyword "boobs". LOL

Do you guys think they're preparing for a new Avery/Teddy thing? I know what we saw, but still... This could be just the beginning of a whole new ship... I dunno...

Major highlights and developments were Cristina being inspired by that biologist patient guy to embrace what she loves in life (surgeries will be next), Arizona giving it a try to warm up to Mark, and Lexie finally managing to get a little closer to Meredith as she pursued it so much. "You're not crazy, Lexie. You're a Grey". Indeed good line and something for the Lexie fans to finally feel happy about.

I'm mostly looking forward to see Cristina getting back to the top of her surgeries game, the Teddy and Avery thing, Webber getting the hospital back to nr. 1, Lexie finding some more happiness, and Bailey (of course, duh) getting a subplot and something more interesting for her own, mostly because there's not much going on with her right now.
Gusar
Gusar
8. RE: Episode 7.04 Can't Fight Biology - Talk About It!
Oct 17 2010, 9:45 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 17 2010, 9:45 AM EDT
"Do you guys think they're preparing for a new Avery/Teddy thing? I know what we saw, but still... This could be just the beginning of a whole new ship... I dunno..."
I was kinda thinking the same thing, it's possible we have a new ship, but idk, I'm not completely sure. We'll see.

I also agree with you about Bailey, she pretty much has no story right now, it'd be nice for that to change.

A scene I liked a lot that wasn't mentioned yet... Right at the beginning - a full bathroom at Casa de Grey, Derek and Meredith walk by, and Derek finally says the obvious: "You know this isn't normal". But Meredith doesn't care that her place is a frat house, she just has this big smile on her face.

Then, this one was already mentioned twice, but being a Calzona fan I have to say it too: I loved that Arizona is attempting to get to know Mark. He is quite a big part of Callie's life, so Arizona getting to know him and accepting him can only be good for Calzona.
Losa78
Losa78
9. RE: Episode 7.04 Can't Fight Biology - Talk About It!
Oct 17 2010, 10:47 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 17 2010, 10:48 AM EDT
"I was kinda thinking the same thing, it's possible we have a new ship, but idk, I'm not completely sure. We'll see.

I also agree with you about Bailey, she pretty much has no story right now, it'd be nice for that to change.

A scene I liked a lot that wasn't mentioned yet... Right at the beginning - a full bathroom at Casa de Grey, Derek and Meredith walk by, and Derek finally says the obvious: "You know this isn't normal". But Meredith doesn't care that her place is a frat house, she just has this big smile on her face.

Then, this one was already mentioned twice, but being a Calzona fan I have to say it too: I loved that Arizona is attempting to get to know Mark. He is quite a big part of Callie's life, so Arizona getting to know him and accepting him can only be good for Calzona."
I also thought that this whole Avery / Teddy thing this week wasn't just pointless teasing... Now that the McTreaty shrink doctor seems to be gone, Shonda must be working her ways for a new ship for Teddy. And rightfully so, because I do think Kim Raver is extremely hot and having no love interest for her is a total waste, imho.

About Casa de Grey, well, I thought it was really nothing new... That house has been crowded since the dawn of times on this show and Derek always felt kind of weird about it ever since he started sleeping over regularly. Of course he takes it pretty well because he loves Meredith, but it's gotta be tough... The man is a saint. LOL

And all is indeed well in the Calzona ship. Mark won't do anything weird with Arizona... will he?... I certainly hope not!

Bailey could get a little more to do on the next episode coordinating and cleaning after the new "attendings"'s screw ups. Don't know if that will provide enough of a plot arch to last enough time, though...

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)