Discussion: Do you want to see Derek and Meredith have a baby?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 17 of 17  |  Show  posts at a time

Wild-Kat
Do you want to see Derek and Meredith have a baby?
May 6 2010, 7:16 AM EDT | Post edited: May 6 2010, 7:16 AM EDT
Now in Season 6, Derek and Meredith are talking baby! Is this something you want to see? Do you think it will add or detract from the appeal of the show? Sound off here! Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
Losa78
Losa78
1. RE: Do you want to see Derek and Meredith have a baby?
May 8 2010, 2:37 AM EDT | Post edited: May 8 2010, 2:37 AM EDT
I really don't have much of an opinion on this one without seeing any of it played out.
I think either way could work as long as it was done right.
Do you find this valuable?    

Wild-Kat
2. RE: Do you want to see Derek and Meredith have a baby?
May 10 2010, 8:33 AM EDT | Post edited: May 10 2010, 8:33 AM EDT
Though there will be other issues with parenting, I actually think it might detract from the show...Grey's has been full of relationship drama, and I'm thinking this might take it another direction... anybody agree or disagree? Do you find this valuable?    
Losa78
Losa78
3. RE: Do you want to see Derek and Meredith have a baby?
May 10 2010, 10:55 AM EDT | Post edited: May 10 2010, 10:55 AM EDT
"Though there will be other issues with parenting, I actually think it might detract from the show...Grey's has been full of relationship drama, and I'm thinking this might take it another direction... anybody agree or disagree?"
Well, hmmm.. I'm thinking Bailey also became a full time mother somewhat recently and still she remained the same character we know and I don't think it detracted from the show.
Still, I dunno... As long as the baby didn't become a very significant focus, it should probably be fine...

I wonder if Meredith and Derek would register the baby on a post-it only too...
LOL

CassiieA
4. RE: Do you want to see Derek and Meredith have a baby?
May 10 2010, 9:33 PM EDT | Post edited: May 10 2010, 9:33 PM EDT
in some ways a little meredith/derek would be really cool but im not sure how they could keep it up as good main charactery surgeons if they have a baby as well... we will see maybe? Do you find this valuable?    

Wild-Kat
5. RE: Do you want to see Derek and Meredith have a baby?
May 12 2010, 9:53 AM EDT | Post edited: May 12 2010, 9:53 AM EDT
Yeah, you're right...they down played Bailey's baby so much that I had even forgot about it! I suppose that could happen to Derek and Meredith as well, but I think it would be harder in this case...

Aside from Bailey, there really hasn't been a real baby aspect to the show yet, except for various couples debating having one (or giving one away a la Sloan)...That said, I bet a Grey's baby comes sooner or later!
cl3angetaway
cl3angetaway
6. RE: Do you want to see Derek and Meredith have a baby?
May 15 2010, 5:16 AM EDT | Post edited: May 15 2010, 5:16 AM EDT
seriously,theyre talking baby??!?! i live in australia & do not recall such an exciting conversation,so clearly we havent reached that episode yet. hell yes id like them to have a baby!! it would be so interesting to see some strain on their relationship caused by the added workload of a child Do you find this valuable?    

CassiieA
7. RE: Do you want to see Derek and Meredith have a baby?
May 17 2010, 10:15 PM EDT | Post edited: May 17 2010, 10:15 PM EDT
"seriously,theyre talking baby??!?! i live in australia & do not recall such an exciting conversation,so clearly we havent reached that episode yet. hell yes id like them to have a baby!! it would be so interesting to see some strain on their relationship caused by the added workload of a child "
Im in the same boat as you, im from NZ' (:

rauel411greys
8. RE: Do you want to see Derek and Meredith have a baby?
Jul 8 2010, 7:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 8 2010, 7:48 PM EDT
I'm with you but i am curious to see how the story plays out also they did down size baileys baby and i don't think you can do that to a main main character. also bailey is secondary character so her life doesn't really matter every one wants a MerDer baby or A Alex Izzie baby but if Meredith and Mcdreamy have a baby it would be called a Mcgrey baby. plus with two main surgeon it would be funny to see them living together with a baby and not being able to have any sex because the Mcgrey baby keeps them up any way so they would have to work long ours and have a baby to come home to i mean that's pretty tough plus mer wants one now Do you find this valuable?    
newbold
newbold
9. RE: Do you want to see Derek and Meredith have a baby?
Jul 30 2010, 4:34 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 30 2010, 4:34 PM EDT
I think Derek and Meredith's relationship has evolved and we have seen, the good , the bad and the ugly of their relationship at some points. This is true to life of most relationships and a baby will be a good addition to reflect how this transforms the relationship to another level and this could possible add a greater passion to their relationship and their careers and show how they balance all of this in the context of being great surgeons. Do you find this valuable?    
KortneyLeeane
KortneyLeeane
10. RE: Do you want to see Derek and Meredith have a baby?
Aug 2 2010, 12:44 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 2 2010, 12:44 PM EDT
If they do it right I think this could be a great story. If they don't make the show all about the baby I think it would be cool if they have a baby. If they focus on the baby and the other characters I'm all for it. I think it would be so nice to see Meredith has a mom, because we have seen Meredith grow so much! Do you find this valuable?    

bornwritinglines
11. RE: Do you want to see Derek and Meredith have a baby?
Sep 29 2010, 9:57 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 29 2010, 9:57 AM EDT
Even with season seven started this is still a prominant question. With Meredith having suffered her miscarrige and Derek seemingly more and more keen on pushing babies I think one of our favourite couple is going to snap.

Meredith wants to make Derek happy and she did enjoy spending time with the babies when she was in her dark space. But miscarriges can take months and sometimes even longer to get over ... so is it really wise to be pushing babies on such a fragile person.

Derek has always wanted children but his sudden need for speed seems to push baby making into the driving too fast without a seatbelt catergory.

So while it is obvious babies are somewhere in their future ... how much will this couple have to overcome to finally get there?

P.S ... plus the comments dropped about an obs doc in episode four ... well we shall see.
Losa78
Losa78
12. RE: Do you want to see Derek and Meredith have a baby?
Sep 29 2010, 11:18 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 29 2010, 11:18 AM EDT
"Even with season seven started this is still a prominant question. With Meredith having suffered her miscarrige and Derek seemingly more and more keen on pushing babies I think one of our favourite couple is going to snap.

Meredith wants to make Derek happy and she did enjoy spending time with the babies when she was in her dark space. But miscarriges can take months and sometimes even longer to get over ... so is it really wise to be pushing babies on such a fragile person.

Derek has always wanted children but his sudden need for speed seems to push baby making into the driving too fast without a seatbelt catergory.

So while it is obvious babies are somewhere in their future ... how much will this couple have to overcome to finally get there?

P.S ... plus the comments dropped about an obs doc in episode four ... well we shall see."
I hadn't thought about Derek wanting a baby as inserted in the" driving too fast without seatbelt category" he is going though, but it does make sense, even though they're also going for the new house and everything...

By the end of season 6 I have to say I really thought they were finally going to have the baby, but Shonda decided otherwise. I also wonder what ordeals are still left for this couple for that to happen. It's bound to be on the very final episode of the whole show... Until then, the buildup is bound to go on. LOL

I hadn't heard about that obs doctor... hmmm... your spoilers are very much ahead!

bornwritinglines
13. RE: Do you want to see Derek and Meredith have a baby?
Sep 29 2010, 11:36 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 29 2010, 11:36 AM EDT
I did not think having the baby in itself was going to fast. It just seemed when he wanted to have it ...

lol how many other ways can they make it seem like there going to have a baby then they dont ... interesting challange.

I have a really great site which keeps me uptodate lol So I am planning on passing info across to this one. Like Sneak Peeks that come out.

Episode four - GREY’S ANATOMY – “Can’t Fight Biology” – Things are hostile on all fronts when a visit to the obstetrician results in some disturbing news for Meredith and Derek, and Lexie loses it when she notices Meredith and April getting closer. Meanwhile a car crash brings in multiple traumas and Jackson tries using his physical attributes to get ahead in the operating room, while Cristina’s self-doubt carries outside of the hospital and into her house hunting with Owen,
kachameredithderek
kachameredithderek
14. RE: Do you want to see Derek and Meredith have a baby?
Sep 30 2010, 7:27 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 30 2010, 7:27 AM EDT
i think that they should have baby because they are great couple..xD they are so different..and still they stay togheter...baby would be the crown of their love Do you find this valuable?    

Wild-Kat
15. RE: Do you want to see Derek and Meredith have a baby?
Sep 30 2010, 8:01 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 30 2010, 8:01 AM EDT
Well, I guess the end of Season 6 and the beginning of Season 7 has put us at a miss for the baby so far! Any speculation as to whether it will happen again soon, and more thoughts on if it should happen at all? Do you find this valuable?    

bornwritinglines
16. RE: Do you want to see Derek and Meredith have a baby?
Sep 30 2010, 11:04 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 30 2010, 11:04 AM EDT
I think that the news at the obs doctor is either going to be that they can not have a baby ... in which case there may be room for such things as a miracle baby.

Or that she is pregnant agian - but instead of one baby its more than one ....

which would make room for more babies quite soon.