GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE RECAP
|"ADRIFT AND AT PEACE"|
airdate: December 2, 2010
written by: Tony Phelan, Joan Rater
directed by: Allison Liddy-Brown
|Despite Meredith's objections to the idea, a concerned Derek takes Cristina on a fishing trip in order to get away from it all. Meanwhile Teddy, feeling directionless without Cristina, focuses all of her efforts and compassion towards a dying patient who lacks the proper insurance to seek medical treatment.|
|TALK ABOUT THIS EPISODE!|
|Read the full episode recap ►|
|GREY'S ANATOMY OPENING QUOTE:|
|The first 24 hours after surgery are critical, every breath you take, every fluid you make, is meticulously recorded and analyzed, celebrated, and mourned. But what about the next 24 hours? What happens when that first day turns to two, and weeks turn into months? What happens when the immediate danger has passed, when the machines are disconnected, and the teams of doctors and nurses are gone? Surgery is when you get saved, but post-op, after surgery, is when you heal. But, what if you don't?|
|GREY'S ANATOMY ENDING QUOTE:|
|The goal of any surgery is total recovery, to come out better than you were before. Some patients heal quickly and feel immediate relief, for others, the healing happens gradually and it's not until months or even years later that you realize you don't hurt anymore. So the challenge after any surgery is to be patient. But if you can make it through the first weeks and months, if you believe the feeling is possible, then you can get your life back...but that's a big if. |
| GREY'S ANATOMY QUOTES |
Memorable Quotes, zingers and one-liners
- [Lexie to Bailey]: You're removing a gall bladder through someone's mouth! No incision, no scar, it's like you were never there?!
- [Callie to Alex]: Maybe heartlessness is a peds thing.
- [Cristina to Derek]: After you called last night, I did some research. I didn't want to be anything less than sea worthy.
- [Avery to Lexie and April]: Anybody want my soup? It's reminding me of pancreatic fluid.
- [Eli to Bailey]: I hate post op complications even more than you do, Dr. Bailey. They're time consuming, they're messy, they make it difficult for me to check up on my fantasy football teams.
- [Owen to Meredith]: You told the guy with the gun to shoot you, that is who you are...you are fearless and I don't mean that in a good way. Most people don't tell the guy with the gun to shoot them. Most people are like Cristina. Most people are afraid, so what she needs isn't what you need. She isn't you, Meredith.
- [Bailey to Seattle Grace Board]: I'm Miranda Bailey, the doctor who cured the fistula!
|GREY'S ANATOMY MUSIC|
|It's Christmas Time||Jules Larson|
|Merry Xmas||Basement Apartment|
|Nun Gimmel Heh Shin||The Lee Vees|
|O Come All Ye Faithful||Ashton Allen|
|The First Snowflake||Boy Least Likely To|
|GREY'S ANATOMY MOMENTS |
Grey's Anatomy shockers, rule-breaking, grab-the-edge-of-your-seat moments....
- Mark and Callie reflect on their night together in the shower!
- Bailey pulls a gall bladder from a patient's mouth!
- Owen opens up a patient with a distended belly who fell off a cliff, and the blood flows!
- Cristina & Derek over thinking and at odds over fishing.
- Mark bribes Eli with Seahawk's tickets for a "show" in front of Lexie.
- Callie and Alex play it up for a patient's wife who is never happy.
- Owen throws Meredith out of the OR and they later have it out over the incident and Cristina.
- Teddy offers to marry a patient to provide him with medical insurance.
|GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE TRIVIA|
Goofs, behind the scenes facts, and little-known tidbits...