GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE RECAP
|"SLOW NIGHT SO LONG"|
airdate: November 18, 2010
written by: Zoanne Clack
directed by: Rob Bailey
| Derek lands the grant he needs for his clinical trial and all the attendings take him out to Joe's Bar to celebrate, but they get a surprise when they see someone they know already at the bar. Meanwhile, Meredith and Alex have to fend for themselves during the night shift with a nine-year-old patient who's experiencing post-surgical complications and his very pushy mother.|
|GREY'S ANATOMY OPENING QUOTE:|
|We doctors take pride in the fact that we can basically sleep standing up, anytime, anywhere. But it's a false pride because the truth is after about 20 hours without sleep, you might as well come to work drunk, doctor or not. It's no wonder that fatal medical errors increase at night when we doctors are, proudly, sleeping on our feet. Recently, our communal pride has been shatter and our egos have been wounded by new laws that require that we sleep all day before we work all night.We are not happy about it, but as someone who may one day need medical care, you really should be. |
|GREY'S ANATOMY ENDING QUOTE:|
|Under the cover of darkness, people do things they'd never do under the harsh glare of day. Decisions feel wiser, people feel bolder but when the sun rises, you have to take responsibility for what you did in the dark and face yourself under the cold, harsh, light of day. |
| GREY'S ANATOMY QUOTES |
Memorable Quotes, zingers and one-liners
- [Meredith]: and if I need to get in touch with you sir?
[Stark]: You won't, 'cuz you're good.
- [Derek]: Why are you behind the bar? [Cristina]: Owen told me to get a job so I'm working.
- [Cristina to group]: To Shepherd and his genius brain crap!
- [Young couple with arms glued together]: I wish we could glue our lips together forever!
- [Callie]: I have to start all over! All over! I don't even know how to do that!
[Mark]: I do, you might need a little sexual palette cleanser.
[Teddy]: A palette cleanser?
[Bailey]:Sexual sorbet? Ah-ha!
- [Bailey to group in bar]: That's what I want. I want a guy that can talk fistulas...Find a man who's interested in fistulas...and you'll find a man that's NOT internet dating.
- [Chief to Meredith and Alex]: When a screaming mother calls me at home to tell me that my resident is about to kill her son, time becomes irrelevant, wouldn't you say?
- [Teddy to Meredith]: Joe took my keys, so I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be practicing medicine.
- [Bailey to April]: Alex Karev is not the boy you want to take your maiden voyage with. You take your maiden voyage with a nice boy,a boy who loves you, a boy you love so much you want to super glue yourself to him. You keep your knees together.
|GREY'S ANATOMY MUSIC|
|Run to the Sun||Vassy|
|Open||Free & Easy|
|She's Goin' Down||Ali Dee|
|Feels Like Rain||Calahan|
|Made for Us||Mackintosh Braun|
|You are Invisible||Anya Marina|
|GREY'S ANATOMY MOMENTS |
Grey's Anatomy shockers, rule-breaking, grab-the-edge-of-your-seat moments....
- Derek gets the grant!
- Cristina is tending bar at Joe's!
- Teddy's dating rant to Callie and group.
- Young couple super glue's their arms together to prevent the boy's move to Wisconsin.
- Little brother of patient dies near him, as team works on both brothers side by side.
- Chief calls radiology tech's "dude" to get him to come in!
- Heart-wrenching moment when Lexie tells parents that their son died in the ER.
- Mark and Callie hook up for some sexual sorbet!
- Stark yells at Alex and Meredith.
|GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE TRIVIA|
Goofs, behind the scenes facts, and little-known tidbits...