GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE RECAP
|"THAT'S ME TRYING"|
airdate: November 4, 2010
written by: Austin Guzman
directed by: Tony Phelan
|The residents are pushed to their limits when Owen puts them through a rigorous trauma certification drill; meanwhile, Cristina is also tested when left alone to monitor a very ill lung transplant patient.|
|GREY'S ANATOMY OPENING QUOTE:|
|Question: When was the last time a complete stranger took offer clothes in front of you, pointed to a big purple splotch on her back, and asked, "What the hell is this thing?" If you're a normal person, the answer is, hopefully never. If you're a doctor, the answer is, probably, about 5 minutes ago. People expect doctors to have all of the answers. The truth is, we love to think that we have all of the answers. Basically, doctors are know-it-alls until, something comes along to remind us that we're not.|
|GREY'S ANATOMY ENDING QUOTE:|
|We're all looking for answers...in medicine...in life...in everything. Sometimes the answers we're looking for are hiding just below the surface. Other times we find answers when we didn't even realize we were asking a question. Sometimes the answers can catch us completely by surprise. And sometimes, even when we find the answer we've been looking for, we're still left with a whole hell of a lot of questions.|
| GREY'S ANATOMY QUOTES |
Memorable Quotes, zingers and one-liners
- [Cristina[Cristina to Roy, the patient]: Don't think of it as getting new lungs, think of it as getting rid of old, crappy lungs.
- [Owen[Owen to team]: Patients don't suddenly die. It just seems that way when you stop paying attention. Food for thought!
- [Callie]:[Callie]: I'll be building bones from dirt. I'll be figuring out how to create unbreakable limbs from blood diamonds. I'll be making artificial limbs out of elephant ivory.
[Mark]:[Mark]: I'm pretty sure a couple of those will be frowned upon by the world community.
[Callie]:[Callie]: Well science isn't about making friends.
- [Cristina]:[Cristina]: I didn't have a choice. And you did that. If it was anyone else on the table, if it was anyone else standing there, I would have walked away.
- [Arizona]:[Arizona]: We are standing in the middle of an airport screaming at each other. We are already over.
- [Patient[Patient to Lexie]: Dr. Grey, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but even through your lab coat, I can tell you have an amazing ass. And with an ass like that, I bet you know what it's like to find the perfect pair of jeans, jeans that make you feel like you're the sexiest person to ever put on a pair of pants...and I envy that cu I never have. Every pair hangs off me, unless I shop in the boys department. And I have tried gaining weight, Dr. Grey, but it turns out I am the sort of person who's fat goes straight to my upper arms and my boobs, which make it really hard for me to wear a sundress, which is all I can wear because jeans don't fit. So Dr. Grey, I am getting a big, juicy, easy to grab onto ass and I'm doing it just for me, and I'm telling you I can't wait.
- [Alex[Alex to April]: You don't hear the helicopter, because A, it's imaginary, and B, it's never coming!
- [Derek's[Derek's paper] Alzheimer's is a bad disease. We should cure it.
- [Mark[Mark to Callie]: I give a lot of boob jobs. But I also reverse a lot of boob jobs. Women come to me a year, two years after they had get work done, and they are totally unhappy with the decision they've made. Today though, you watched me give a woman a really big ass. And I'm not the slightest bit worried about it because i know for a fact there's no boyfriend pressuring her. It wasn't about anybody else. It was about her. As your friend, I gotta tell you, you sound an awful lot like someone who's getting double D's because her girlfriend likes a big rack. By big rack, I mean Africa...
|GREY'S ANATOMY MUSIC|
|Ching Ching Ching||Nikka Costa|
|Never Gonna Leave Me||Sia|
|Daydreaming||Dark Dark Dark|
|GREY'S ANATOMY MOMENTS |
Grey's Anatomy shockers, rule-breaking, grab-the-edge-of-your-seat moments....
- The team goes outside to meet patients from a medical trauma; dummies are strewn everywhere.
- A Patientpatient wants some big gluteal implants!
- Cristina blames Meredith for what happened during the shooting.
- Derek can't focus on the clinical trial because of Meredith.
- Avery walks out of Owen's trauma exercise.
- Mark, Lexie, the Chief, and two bottles of soda make up a going away party for Callie and Arizona!
- Mark gives Callie advice on her relationship with Arizona.
- Callie and Arizona break up. Again.
- Cristina quits her job
|GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE TRIVIA|
Goofs, behind the scenes facts, and little-known tidbits...