GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE RECAP
airdate: October 21, 2010
written by: Brian Tanen
directed by: Chandra Wilson
As part of their training, Seattle Grace's residents are put in charge; the attending surgeons compete for a million-dollar grant.
Read the full episode recap ►
|GREY'S ANATOMY OPENING QUOTE:|
|They train doctors slowly. They watch us practice on frogs and pigs and dead people and then live people. They drill us relentlessly, they raise us like children and eventually they take a cold, hard boot and they kick us out of the nest.|
|GREY'S ANATOMY ENDING QUOTE:|
|We're so busy trying to get out of that nest that we don't think about the fact that it's going to be cold out there...really freaking cold. Because growing up sometimes means leaving people behind. And by the time we stand on our own two feet, we are standing there alone.|
| GREY'S ANATOMY QUOTES |
Memorable Quotes, zingers and one-liners
- [Meredith to Cristina]: The attendings aren't going anywhere. We're basically just playing dress up.
- [Richard to staff]: Pray people, we want God in the building today.
- [Mark to Alex]: What factors would lead a patient to want breast reduction surgery?
- [Teddy to Cristina]: We're at a crossroads Yang, a cross road where you either get in the game or I tell Richard it's time to send you home.
- [Cristina]: I shouldn't be in charge of anybody.
[Meredith]: Just put one foot in front of the other. Just get through the day.
- [Patient's mom to teen boy]: You just can't cut off the parts of your body that you don't like.
- [Cristina to patient]: I don't have a sour puss, this is just my face.
- [Mark to Richard]: I'm not seeing anyone right now...I'm not sleeping with nurses...residents...attendings... nobody...so I'm an untapped source of raw power. I have the energy of 10 men, so with 1 million dollars and my untapped stores, we can move mountains.
- [Alex to teen boy's mom]: He's a dude with breasts and he's headed for high school and there's no reason that he should be subjected to the psychological damage that comes from school yard crap. If you want your kid to be a man, let him make his own decisions.
- [Richard to Callie]:So you want me to give ortho a million dollars to level the playing field in your relationship?
[Callie to Richard]: ..and also for xenografting...
|GREY'S ANATOMY MUSIC|
|On the Sly||The Bamboos|
|Head on Your Heart||Matt Kearney|
|You Always Make Me Smile||Kyle Andrews|
|Look Alie||Wait. Think Fast.|
|GREY'S ANATOMY MOMENTS |
Grey's Anatomy shockers, rule-breaking, grab-the-edge-of-your-seat moments....
- The patient who wants breast reduction surgery is a 13 year old boy, Seth.
- Teddy tells Cristina she needs to participate or she will tell Richard that Cristina needs to get out.
- Patient questions Lexie's appearance and knowledge about her case and Lexie recites her file -- go Lexie!
- Avery hustles Meredith and carves his whole name in an egg, versus her initials.
- Owen gives Cristina a pep talk -- what chemistry!
- Alex convinces Seth's mom to let him go ahead with breast reduction surgery.
- Avery makes a slip in surgery causing a hemorrhage.
- Meredith takes point on a neurosurgery with Lexie at her side! She has it under control and Derek smiles when he see's her rock it!
- Derek makes his case for the $1 million grant to cure Alzheimer's Disease. He's driven by his passion for Meredith.
- Cristina makes a come back and fights for a patient's transplant.
|GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE TRIVIA|
Goofs, behind the scenes facts, and little-known tidbits...