GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE RECAP
|"SHINY HAPPY PEOPLE"|
airdate: May 13, 2010
written by: Zoanne Clack, Peter Nowalk
directed by: Ed Ornelas
|An elderly patient admitted into the E.R. for a heart condition sees a familiar face, a long lost love who happens to be in the E.R. as well for a fractured arm, and the staff find themselves caught up in their love story. Meanwhile, Karev treats a troubled teenage patient whose parents brought her in for schizophrenia, and Meredith can't help but tell Cristina about her suspicions of Owen -- which inevitably messes with Cristina's head.|
|GREY'S ANATOMY OPENING QUOTE:|
|It's a common belief that positive thinking leads to a happier, happier life. As children, we're told to smile, be cheerful and put on a happy face. As adults we're told to look on the bright side, make lemonade and see glasses half full. Sometimes reality can get in our way of the ability to act the happy part though. Your health can fail, boyfriends can cheat, friends can disappoint. It's in thee moments when you just want to get real, drop the act and be your true, scared, unhappy self. |
|GREY'S ANATOMY ENDING QUOTE:|
|Ask most people what they want out of life and the answer is simple...to be happy. Maybe it's this expectation of wanting to be happy that just keeps us from ever getting there. Maybe the more we try to will ourselves to state of bliss, the more confused we get to the point where we don't recognize ourselves. Instead we just keep smiling, trying to be the happy people we once were until eventually it hits us...it's been there all along. Not in dreams or hopes, but in the known, the comfortable, the familiar.|
| GREY'S ANATOMY QUOTES |
Memorable Quotes, zingers and one-liners
- [Mark to Lexie]: I want another chance, I'm in love with you....I'm just saying you could have a husband."
- [Jay to Miranda]: Liz is the meanest nurse on the floor. She gives everybody hell, but she likes me...flirting makes my job easier.
- [Miranda to Jay]: I have a child and a full-time job and I'm going through a sad, exhausting, stressful, time-consuming divorce, and I don't have time for games."
|GREY'S ANATOMY MUSIC|
Add the songs featured on this episode...
|Do You Fancy Me||Kerry Letham|
|Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing||Cast|
|American Stitches||Richard Walters|
|Shiny and Warm||Goldfrapp|
|Open Your Eyes||Andrew Belle|
|GREY'S ANATOMY MOMENTS |
Grey's Anatomy shockers, rule-breaking, grab-the-edge-of-your-seat moments....
- Mark asks Lexie for another chance.
- Cristina walks into Meredith and Derek's bedroom and Derek leaves so Cristina can take her old place next to Meredith for a talk.
- Arizona and Callie kiss in the elevator.
|GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE TRIVIA|
Goofs, behind the scenes facts, and little-known tidbits...