GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE RECAP
airdate: November 12, 2009
written by: Allan Heinberg
directed by: Rob Corn
|Synopsis: When Owen recruits his fellow Iraqi War vet, Dr. Teddy Altman, as the new cardiothoracic surgeon, Cristina questions Teddy's abilities in the OR and the nature of their past relationship. Meanwhile Izzie returns to Seattle Grace with her high school mentor seeking treatment for his dementia, and the stress of Richard's responsibilities, post-merger, are taking their toll. |
|GREY'S ANATOMY OPENING QUOTE:|
|Doctors live in worlds of constant progress and for emotion. Stand still for a second and you’ll be left behind but as hard as we try to move forward, as tempting as it is to never look back. The past always comes back to bite us in the ass. And as history shows us again and again those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. |
|GREY'S ANATOMY ENDING QUOTE:|
|Sometimes the past is something you can’t let go of. And sometimes the past is something we’ll do anything to forget. And sometimes we learn something new about the past that changes everything we know about the present.|
| GREY'S ANATOMY QUOTES |
Memorable Quotes, zingers and one-liners
- Izzie: "This guy? You told this guy? The guy who got me fired."
- Charles: "I didn't get you fired, you did that all by yourself."
- Cristina (to Teddy): "Have you been published? Because according to Google you don't exist."
- Bailey (to Yang): "Leave this man alone. Go torture the new attending."
- Adele (to Bailey): "What I want is for you to tell me the truth. Are you having an affair with my husband?"
- Adele (to Bailey): "Okay but wife-wife to work-wife, someone in this hospital is sleeping with our husband."
- Webber: "Dr. Bailey, are you hitting on me?"
- Bailey: "Your wife just showed up here asking me if you and I were having an affair."
- Izzie (to Charles): "You ae the on who got me fired. You owe me this you little *****. Unless you want me to find that snotty Reed what's her name and tell her how much you love her, cuz I will."
- Izzie (to Webber): "I gave you $8 million dollars to build that clinic which you happily accepted at the time. So I have no problem going to the board or the press if I have to to get Dr. Singer the surgery he needs. "
|GREY'S ANATOMY MUSIC|
Add the songs featured on this episode...
|Sunny Day||Joy Williams|
|End of All Time||Stars of Track & Field|
|In Spite of Me||Greg Laswell|
|Poison & Wine||The Civil Wars|
|GREY'S ANATOMY MOMENTS |
Grey's Anatomy shockers, rule-breaking, grab-the-edge-of-your-seat moments....
- During surgery, the chief made what could have been, a fatal mistake.
- The chief drinking vodka in the end and Meredith seeing him.
- Adele accusing Bailey of having an affair with Webber.
- Callie trying to explain the work-wife/work-husband relationship to Adele.
- Izzie blaming everyone else for her losing her job. Will she accept responsibility for her own actions?
|GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE TRIVIA|
Goofs, behind the scenes facts, and little-known tidbits...