GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE RECAP
|"INVEST IN LOVE"|
airdate: November 5, 2009
written by: Stacy McKee
directed by: Jessica Yu
|SYNOPSIS: A generous donation is offered to Seattle Grace by the parents of Arizona's 10-year-old patient. However, when his condition worsens, she finds herself in a conflict of interest. Meanwhile, Cristina tests her boundaries with Owen at the hospital, and adding insult to injury, Alex is left with Izzie's hospital bills to contend with.|
|GREY'S ANATOMY OPENING QUOTE:|
|It’s impossible to describe the panic that comes over you when your pager goes off in the middle of the night. Your heart starts to race, your mind freezes, your fingers go numb. Your invested. There’s someones mom, someones dad, someones kid, and that is now on you because that someone’s life is now in your hands. As surgeons, we’re always invested in our patients. But when your patients a child, your not just invested, your responsible. Responsible for whether or not that child survives, has a future, and that’s enough to terrify anyone.|
|GREY'S ANATOMY ENDING QUOTE:|
|They say the bigger your investment the bigger your return. But you have to be willing to take a chance. You have to understand you might lose it all. But if you take that chance, if you invest wisely, the payoff just might surprise you. |
| GREY'S ANATOMY QUOTES |
Memorable Quotes, zingers and one-liners
- Callie (to Owen): “Oh that’s your plan, ignore the scalpel hungry animal?”
- Arizona: “Okay. I know this is the first time on a Peeds rotation for some of you not for others. But I wanted you to understand that I run my Peeds unit a little differently. This is not general surgery in miniature. These are tiny humans. These are children. They believe in magic, they play pretend, there is fairy dust in their IV bags and they cross their fingers and they make wishes and that makes them more resilient than adults. They recover faster, survive worse. they believe. In Peeds, we have miracles and magic and in Peeds, anything is possible.
- Cristina: “Excuse me little doctor boy.”
- Jennings (to Arizona): You treated their son right? Well your to pray that you didn’t do something to piss them off. God knows that this hospital can’t afford another misstep right now.
- Sloan: “Whoa bad idea. Surprise parties are hostile, there dark. People jump out and scream at you. They never come to any good.”
- Karev: “What’s that all about?”
Derek: “He fired me and I refuse to be fired so I’d say hello to him every morning and he says not a word.”
- Karev (to Reed): I’m trying to save a baby here, get out of my face.”
- Karev (to Reed): “The kids gonna die deal with it or get out.”
- Bailey: “Take off your shirt.”
Karev: “No. You take off your shirt.”
- Derek (to Karev): “Have you started to lactate yet?”
Karev: "Bailey made me."
- Arizona (to Webber): “No, no you can’t. Because as long as your standing there ridding over my shoulder I feel like I’m operating on a stack of dollar bills, $25 million dollar bills and what I need to be invested in right now is this kid so please, get the hell out of my OR.”
- Arizona: “I mean no, I will not be speaking to Wallace’s parents. Mr. Jennings and the Chief will take care of that formality because as far as their concerned and as far as the Andersons will be concerned, I just killed their son. I’m a liability. Because if they would ask me the truth is I would tell them that I did just kill their son and they should sue and I am responsible. But that’s not in the best interest of the hospital. Am I close?"
Mr. Jennings: "I think we’re on the same page."
- Cristina (to Meredith): "I hate married happy you."
- Cristina: "Hey little pusher girl, I’m hillary’s doctor and now I have Hillary’s phone. So, I’m going to give this number to the police. How lame is that?”
- Reed (to Alex): “Are you really so messed up you can’t let one person be nice to you, ever.”
Alex: "I can’t go. I can’t go home, I can’t get Izzie to call me back. She’s gone dead for all I Know. She left me with a $200,00 medical bill and I can’t do anything about it. About any of it. But I can sit her and I can hold this baby. That I can do."
Reed: "Then I’ll sit here with you for a little while."
|GREY'S ANATOMY MUSIC|
Add the songs featured on this episode...
|Gold, Guns, Girls||Metric|
|Her Rotating Head||Bachelorette|
|High Green Grassl||Sebastien Schuller|
|North By North||Faded Paper Figures|
|Before it Breaks||Brandi Carlile|
|Everything All At Once||Correatown|
|GREY'S ANATOMY MOMENTS |
Grey's Anatomy shockers, rule-breaking, grab-the-edge-of-your-seat moments....
- Arizona telling off Webber, then telling him to get out of her OR.
- Arizona speaking frankly in front of Jennings, then asking if she's close.
- Bailey telling Karev he should go into Pediatrics, he's a natural.
- Sloan and Shepherd picking on Karev for not having a shirt on, holding the infant.
- Karev getting Izzie's $200,00 medical bills.
|GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE TRIVIA|
Goofs, behind the scenes facts, and little-known tidbits...
GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE VIDEO
|GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE PHOTOS|
|GREY'S ANATOMY GUEST CAST|
- Nora Zehetner (Dr. Reed Adamson)
- Jesse Williams (Dr. Jackson Avery)
- Robert Baker (Dr. Charles Percy)
- Mitch Pileggi (Larry Jennings)
- Alanna Masterson (Hillary)
- Khamani Griffin (Wallace)
GREY'S ANATOMY BURNING QUESTIONS
Grey's Anatomy scandals, cliffhangers, hookups, and plot twists...
- Where's Izzie?
- Arizona and Callie professing their love for one another.
- Meredith is healed, returning to work next week!
- Jackson hitting on, then kissing Cristina.
- Cristina apologizing to Owen and asking him to come home.
- WHY on a doctor's salary do Mark, Lexie, Callie, Arizona, Cristina and Owen all share the same apartment? A:- They don't share an apartment, they happen to live in the same apartment building. Mark bought his own apartment across the hall from Cristina and Callie.
- Callie and Cristina were roommates long before that got involved with there partners. Callie moved in with Cristina when Cristina was still living in Burke's old apartment.
- Reed is falling in love with Karev. (Hurry back Izzie!)
- Charles telling Cristina what she did in the OR was "hot."
- The Chief realizing how badly the merger and economy have impacted the hospital, himself and everyone else.
- The Chief isn't speaking to Derek.
|GREY'S ANATOMY EMERGENCY ROOM|
Kick back, take notes and help chat about Grey's!
- DISCUSSION THREAD
- DISCUSSION THREAD
|GREY'S ANATOMY - WHAT'S COMING ON NEXT...|