GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE RECAP
|"GIVE PEACE A CHANCE"|
airdate: October 29, 2009
written by: Peter Nowalk
directed by: Chandra Wilson
|Synopsis: When Isaac, the hospital lab tech, has an inoperable tumor wrapped around his spine, he turns to Derek to do the impossible, and Derek tests the Chief's authority when Richard objects to moving forward with the risky surgery.|
|GREY'S ANATOMY OPENING QUOTE:|
|Derek: Ask most surgeons why they became surgeons and they usually tell you the same thing. It was from the high. The rush. The thrill that comes from cutting someone open and saving their live. For me it was different. Maybe it’s because I grew up in a house with 4 sisters. No, definitely because I grew up in a house with 4 sisters because it was the quiet that drew me to surgery. The operating room is a quiet place, peaceful. It has to be in order for us to stay alert, anticipate complications. When you stand in the OR your patient open on the table, all the world’s noise, all the worries that it brings disappears. A calm settles over you, time passing without thought, you feel completely at peace. |
|GREY'S ANATOMY ENDING QUOTE:|
|Derek:- Peace isn’t a permanent state. It exists in moments, fleeting. Gone before we even knew it was there. We can experience it at any time.. In a s stranger’s act of kindness. A task that requires complete focus. Or simply the comfort of an old routine. Every day we all experience these moments of peace. The trick is to know when their happening so that we can embrace them. Live in them. And finely let them go.|
| GREY'S ANATOMY QUOTES |
Memorable Quotes, zingers and one-liners
- Derek (to Cristina): “You need a god. Neuro-god right here.”
- Webber: “Change is good everyone, embrace it.”
- Alex: “She’s a crappy wife but she’s not an idiot.”
Reed: “Don’t worry, being ditched by a cancer wife won’t change my mind, your still a douche.”
- Cristina (to Derek): “Shepherd I’ve been paging you. Shunt patient in OR 2. Screw this ****, I want to operate on that.”
- Sloan (to Derek): “you know what this is about right. Your no longer daddy’s favorite so you’ve in search of some crazy ass tumor to get his love back.”
- Lexie: “You love me and this is a once in a lifetime tumor.”
Mark: “Go and get your Rogue on.”
- Cristina (to Lexie about her diaper): "This is the definition of hard core. Your like an astronaut. This is surgery NASA style. Put it on right now, I’ll guard the door.”
- Cristina: “Watching Lexie wearing a diaper is punishment enough.”
Owen: “Lexie’s wearing what? That is a reason you should be glad you aren’t down there.”
Cristina: “No that is the reason I want to be down there. Lexie gets to pee in a diaper and I don’t.”
Owen: “You want to pee in a diaper?”
Cristina: "No, no, I want to have to pee in a diaper. To be in a surgery so difficult and so long that my only option is to put on a diaper and pee in it.”
- Lexie (to Roy): “Hey, I wore a diaper yesterday, yes. And I will wear one today. If it helps get Dr. Shepherd through this surgery, I will wear a diaper. My diaper’s awesome. My diaper’s hardcore. You wish you had the balls to wear my diaper. I’m gonna wear it and I’m gonna wear it with pride. And if I have to pee in it, oh I’ll pee. Because I’m a surgeon and this is America and I will do what needs to be done. So you can kiss my hardcore, diaper wearing ass.”
|GREY'S ANATOMY MUSIC|
Add the songs featured on this episode...
|Moon and Moon||Bat For Lashes|
|GREY'S ANATOMY MOMENTS |
Grey's Anatomy shockers, rule-breaking, grab-the-edge-of-your-seat moments....
- Cristina and Lexie walking towards their respective OR's with diapers on.
- Isacc's inspiration and courage to go through the surgery. His speech, encouraging Derek to have faith, to inspire.
- Alex's breakdown in the chemo room in front of Reed.
- Lexie standing up to Roy about her hardcore diaper!
- Cristina's face when she messed up in the contest.
- Richard firing Derek and then Derek telling him to go home and sleep on it, they'll talk the next morning.
- When Derek moved the bed and drew the diagram of Isacc's spine and tumor on the wall for Meredith.
|GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE TRIVIA|
Goofs, behind the scenes facts, and little-known tidbits...
- Derek, not Meredith, did the voiceovers at the beginning and end of the episode.
- Although Katherine Heigl is credited, she does not appear in this episode.