GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE RECAP
|"I SAW WHAT I SAW"|
airdate: October 22, 2009
written by: William Harper
directed by: Allison Liddi-Brown
|Synopsis: After a burn victim unexpectedly dies in the midst of a chaotic ER, the Chief and board member Jennings interrogate the residents to find the culprit, as all the Mercy West and Seattle Grace resident defends their actions in an effort to save their jobs.|
|GREY'S ANATOMY OPENING QUOTE:|
|In order to get a good diagnosis, doctors have to constantly change their perspective. We start by getting the patients point of view, though they don't often have a clue what's going on. So we look at the patient from every possible angle. We rule things out. We uncover new information trying to get to what's actually wrong. We're asking for second opinions hoping we'll see something others might have missed. For the patient, a fresh perspective can mean the difference between living and dying. For the doctor, it can mean your picking a fight with everyone who got their before you.|
|GREY'S ANATOMY ENDING QUOTE:|
|When we're heading towards an outcome that's too horrible to face, that's when we go looking for a second opinion. Sometimes, the answer we get just confirms our worst fears but sometimes, it can shed new light on the problem. Make you see it in a whole new way. After all the opinions have been heard and every point of view has been considered, you finally find what you were after, the truth. But the truth isn't where it ends , that's just where you begin again with a whole new set of questions.|
| GREY'S ANATOMY QUOTES |
Memorable Quotes, zingers and one-liners
- Cristina: "I'm not going down for this."
- Owen: "Someone is."
- Meredith: "I have to be discharged first. You want to forge Bailey's signature?"
- Cristina: "No, that'll get me fired. Oh, ask one of the new ones to do it, get them fired."
- Karev: "I never even seen that patient. I was stitching up nose dive.
- Webber: "Nose dive?"
- Karev: "What's his name? The dude that fainted."
- Dr. Avery: (to Cristina) "How long do I have to work here before they insert a bug up my ass? You guys are all so cranky."
- Derek (to Webber): "Maybe it's not one doctor. Maybe it's too many doctors, who don't know each another and who don't trust each other.When I got to that room, it was chaos, because that's the system now, chaos. That has been the system that has been in place since this merger was put in place. Your system. I'm saying you should look again at whose responsible."
|GREY'S ANATOMY MUSIC|
Add the songs featured on this episode...
|GREY'S ANATOMY MOMENTS |
Grey's Anatomy shockers, rule-breaking, grab-the-edge-of-your-seat moments....
- Charles faints in the ER after removing an axe from a patient's chest. He claims it was due to the blood drive.
- Cristina yelling at a 5 year old boy for crying in the ER. He was going to use the paddles, which were charged.
- The patient died because Dr. Kepner, one of the Mercy West doctors, got distracted and never checked the woman's throat. Her life would have been saved had she looked.
- Everyone assumed the patient was Alex's due to the initials "A.K." but they were April Kepner's, initials, she was the original doctor seeing the woman.
|GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE TRIVIA|
Goofs, behind the scenes facts, and little-known tidbits...