GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE RECAP
airdate: October 15, 2009
written by: Mark Wilding
directed by: Tony Phelan
|SYNOPSIS: The residents of Seattle Grace and Mercy West vie for surgeries and their careers as day one of the hospital merger begins. Meanwhile, Arizona stands by an enraged Callie when her father, Mr. Torres, employs a priest to help convince her to date men. Izzie experiences the brunt of her new surgical competition.|
Read the full episode recap ►
|GREY'S ANATOMY OPENING QUOTE:|
|When you get sick, it starts out with a single bacteria; one lone nasty intruder. Pretty soon, the intruder duplicates, becomes two. Then those two become four become eight. Then, before your body knows it, it's under attack. It's an invasion. The question for a doctor is, once the invaders have landed. Once they've taken over your body, how the hell do you get rid of them? |
|GREY'S ANATOMY ENDING QUOTE:|
|What do you do when the infection hits you, when it takes over? Do you do what your supposed to and take your medicine or do you learn to live with that thing and hope that somebody it goes away. Or do you just give up entirely and let it kill you.|
| GREY'S ANATOMY QUOTES |
Memorable Quotes, zingers and one-liners
- Cristina (to Jackson Avery): "This is an ER not a school yard. We're not playing for a square."
- Callie (to her father): "You can't pray away the gay."
- Derek (to Meredith): "Are you and Cristina in a dark and twisty place? Are you having the dark and twisties?"
- Callie (to her father): "You're supposed to love me, no matter what. That's what a parent does."
- Alex (to Izzie): They're handing us our asses on a plate and your serving him coffee?"
- Izzie (to Charles): "I've got this. I don't need a surgical *****, thanks."
- Izzie (to Charles): "You will never measure up to the people we've lost."
|GREY'S ANATOMY MUSIC|
Add the songs featured on this episode...
|I Want You Now||Traildriver|
|Your Ghost||Greg Laswell|
|GREY'S ANATOMY MOMENTS |
Grey's Anatomy shockers, rule-breaking, grab-the-edge-of-your-seat moments....
- The competitiveness between the Seattle Grace residents and the Mercy West....
- When the patient's daughter told off Alex and Reid for their behavior while treating her father.
- Cristina's meltdown in Meredith's room.
- In her anger, Izzie made a mistake on a patient, which cost the patient a kidney and possibly her life.
|GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE TRIVIA|
Goofs, behind the scenes facts, and little-known tidbits...
- Callie's real name is "Calliope" and it's implied she's 30 years old.
- The Chief fired an intern via email. So the intern is suing the hospital for wrongful termination because she's pregnant.
- Arizona tells Callie's father she was named for a battleship, the USS Arizona. Her grandfather was serving on the ship when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. He saved 19 men before he drowned.