GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE RECAP
airdate: October 8, 2009
written by: Jenna Bans
directed by: Tom Verica
|SYNOPSIS: When Meredith and Lexie's father, Thatcher, returns to the hospital with a failed liver, it's up to Meredith to save his life. Meanwhile, Izzie empathizes with a patient riddled with tumors, as Mark, annoyed with Cristina's competitive zeal, tricks her into assisting on an unusual surgery.|
Read the full episode recap ►
|GREY'S ANATOMY OPENING QUOTE:|
|We begin life with few obligations. We pledge allegiance to the flag. We swear to return our library books. But as we get older we take vows, we make promises, we get burdened by commitments. To do no harm. To tell the truth and nothing but. To love and cherish until death do us part. So we just keep running up a tab until we owe everything to everybody and suddenly they.... what the.....|
|GREY'S ANATOMY ENDING QUOTE:|
|The thing about being a surgeon, everybody wants a piece of you. We take one little oath and suddenly we're drowning in obligations. To our patients. To our colleagues. To medicine itself. So we do what any sane person would do. we run like hell from our promises, hoping they'll be forgotten. But sooner or later they always catch up and sometimes you find the obligation you dreaded the most isn't worth running from at all.|
| GREY'S ANATOMY QUOTES |
Memorable Quotes, zingers and one-liners
- Cristina: "I couldn't get into an OR if I was bleeding half to death."
- Cristina to Izzie: "You don't need the hours. You just spent the last 6 months in the OR."
- Irving: "You know I'm not demented, I'm just old."
- Irving to McSteamy: "Come on, can you give an old man a working Johnson?"
- Thatcher to Webber: "Does the chief always pay such attention to his patients? or just the ones whose wives he had an affair with."
- Bailey: "Do I have to find you something to do?
- Cristina: "No. I have a penis."
- Bailey to Meredith: "I had 5 interns. Four of you have been on this table. One of you died. One of you has cancer. You'd better not pull anything funny on me Grey."
- Owen: "Are you whoring yourself out for surgeries?"
- Cristina: "Oh come on, you forced me into it."
- Irving: "All you get is a bunch of yesterdays and no tomorrows."
- Alex to Cristina: "Since when did you become a marriage counselor."
- Owen to Izzie: "You cannot be a doctor and a patient in here. You have to choose."
- Cristina to the Chief: "If I can't learn. If I can't use my gift. I guess that scares me more. That's my point sir." (Expressing her frustration over not being able to do surgeries and everyone's behavior over the impending merger.)
- Chief to Callie: "I have responsibilities. To make this hospital the best medical facility it can be. To repair what I've broken, even if it was 20 years ago. If I am now the bad guy. If I am now the villain here. So be it.
|GREY'S ANATOMY MUSIC|
Add the songs featured on this episode...
|Trading Things In||Voluntary Butler Scheme|
|Come On Be Good||Dragonette|
|Long Time Gone||Bachelorette|
|Wish You Well||Katie Herzig|
|Morning Mist||Sebastien Schuller|
|GREY'S ANATOMY MOMENTS |
Grey's Anatomy shockers, rule-breaking, grab-the-edge-of-your-seat moments....
- When Alex came outside the trailer and ran into a bear. He screamed! At the end, Izzie ran into the bear as well.
- The conversation between Mark and Irving about his erectile dysfunction.
- When Mark stood up to Irving Waller's son and his wife about Irving's surgery.
- When Alex ran around the lab yelling for someone to remove the tick from his neck.
- When Cristina was hitting on a doctor so he'd let her scrub in on his surgery.
- When Owen, Mark and Derek set Cristina up for the erectile surgery without telling her what it was.
|GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE TRIVIA|
Goofs, behind the scenes facts, and little-known tidbits...
- Ellen Pompeo is pregnant in real life and is concealed by the bedding. Most of Ellen's scenes were pre-recorded so no time would be missed with Meredith on screen.