GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE RECAP
airdate: September 24, 2009
written by: Krista Vernoff
directed by: Bill D'Elia
|SYNOPSIS: Everyone is struggling after losing one of their own and are turning to any distraction they can find. Meredith and Derek seem to be consummating their marriage anywhere and everywhere, while Cristina and Owen have been instructed to abstain from sex by Dr. Wyatt.|
|GREY'S ANATOMY OPENING QUOTE:|
|The dictionary defines grief as keen mental suffering or distress over affliction or loss; sharp sorrow; painful regret. As surgeons, as scientists, we're taught to learn from and rely on books, on definitions, on definitives. But in life, strict definitions rarely apply. In life, grief can look like a lot of things that bear little resemblance to sharp sorrow.|
|GREY'S ANATOMY ENDING QUOTE:|
|Lexie: [narrating] Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks different on everyone.|
Mark: It isn't just death we have to grieve. It's life. It's loss. It's change.
Alex: And when we wonder why it has to suck so much sometimes, has to hurt so bad. The thing we gotta try to remember is that it can turn on a dime.
Izzie: That's how you stay alive. When it hurts so much you can't breathe, that's how you survive.
Derek: By remembering that one day, somehow, impossibly, you won't feel this way. It won't hurt this much.
Bailey: Grief comes in its own time for everyone, in its own way.
Owen: So the best we can do, the best anyone can do, is try for honesty.
Meredith: The really crappy thing, the very worst part of grief is that you can't control it.
Arizona: The best we can do is try to let ourselves feel it when it comes.
Callie: And let it go when we can.
Meredith: The very worst part is that the minute you think you're past it, it starts all over again.
Cristina: And always, every time, it takes your breath away.
Meredith: There are five stages of grief. They look different on all of us, but there are always five.
| GREY'S ANATOMY QUOTES |
Memorable Quotes, zingers and one-liners
- Alex: You died in my arms. You died in my arms! You freakin died, and then you left instructions that I wasn't allowed to save your life. You wanna know what I'm scared of? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared to move. I'm scared to breathe. I'm scared to touch you. I can't lose you. I won't survive. And that's your fault. You made me love you, you made me let you in. And then you freaking died in my arms.
- Callie: I'm a superstar! A superstar with a scalpel!
- Arizona: I get it now. The whole McDreamy thing. I didn't get it before, but now I totally get it. You know they call you that, right?
- Cristina: Bailey's on some sort of rampage. I think it's Post O'Malley Stress Disorder.
- Izzie: I'm wishing for a brain tumor. I'm wishing all the time for a giant tumor that would just press down on my brain and make me hallucinate George. So that I could talk to him again, so I could laugh with him again
- Bailey: I lost O'Malley. And um, I just can't. I can't care anymore. Stevens is not my child. O'Malley was not my child. I have to stop treating them... I just have to stop caring so much. 'Cause I can't keep feeling... feeling like this.
|GREY'S ANATOMY MUSIC|
Add the songs featured on this episode...
|Today Has Been OK||Emiliana Torrini|
|GREY'S ANATOMY MOMENTS |
Grey's Anatomy shockers, rule-breaking, grab-the-edge-of-your-seat moments....
|GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE TRIVIA|
Goofs, behind the scenes facts, and little-known tidbits...
GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE VIDEO
|GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE PHOTOS|
|GREY'S ANATOMY GUEST CAST|
- Amy Madigan as Dr. Wyatt, Shannon Lucio as Amanda, Martha Plimpton as Pam, Mitch Pileggi as Larry Jennings, Zoe Boyle as Clara, Zack Shada as Andy and Adam Lazarre White as Oncology Resident
GREY'S ANATOMY BURNING QUESTIONS
Grey's Anatomy scandals, cliffhangers, hookups, and plot twists...
|GREY'S ANATOMY EMERGENCY ROOM|
Kick back, take notes and help chat about Grey's!
- DISCUSSION THREAD
- DISCUSSION THREAD
|GREY'S ANATOMY - WHAT'S COMING ON NEXT...|
- I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watchin' Me: Several weeks after her near-death experience, a recovering Izzie returns to work. Meanwhile, nervous that there will be layoffs in the hospital in the wake of an announcement from the Chief, the Seattle Grace residents compete to survive the cuts, including Cristina, who attempts to work alongside Arizona in pediatrics. Bailey and Alex's patient's already complex case is further complicated by her schizophrenic son.