GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE RECAP
airdate: September 24, 2009
written by: Krista Vernoff
directed by: Ed Ornelas
|SYNOPSIS: The hospital staff is left to deal with the aftermath of George's passing. Hitting the staff hard, they all find unique ways to get through the various stages of grief. George's mom returns, faced with the difficult task of deciding what to do with his organs.|
|Read the full episode recap ►|
|GREY'S ANATOMY OPENING QUOTE:|
|"According to Elizabeth Cudler Ross: When we are dying or have suffered a catastrophic loss, we all move through 5 distinct stages of grief. We go into denial because the loss is so unthinkable we can't imagine it's true. We become angry with everyone; angry with survivors, Angry with ourselves, then we bargain. We beg, we plead, we offer everything we have. We offer up our souls in exchange for just one more day. When the bargaining has failed and the anger is too hard to maintain, we fall into depression, despair, until finally we have to accept that we have done everything we can. We let go. We let go and move into acceptance."|
|GREY'S ANATOMY ENDING QUOTE:|
|"In medical school we have a hundred classes that teach us how to fight off death and not one lesson in how to go on living."|
| GREY'S ANATOMY QUOTES |
Memorable Quotes, zingers and one-liners
- --- Chief Webber: George O'Malley jumped in front of a bus today. He knew what he was doing and he did it anyway. And he did it to save a life. So, I'm not gonna allow you doctors to stand here. There are lives on the line. There are lives we can save. So, if George O'Malley can jump in front of a bus, we can answer our damn pages.
- --- Alex: I need to tell you something, and I need you to not panic. I need you to keep breathing. I need you to stay alive. I swear to god, I need you to stay alive. Alright?
- ---Izzie: George would give everything. His skin, his eyes, he would give everything.
- ---Webber: You have no idea what I've given. You have no idea what I have sacrificed. For every miscalculation you think you see there have been a hundred things that I have gotten right no one knows.
- Callie: My ex husband died, he died. He actually got hit by a bus. George got hit by a bus. And now... now I have to get a new job and I'm never gonna see my friends anymore and Arizona keeps bringing me doughnuts!
- ---Izzie: George is dead! He's dead! They're about to put him in the ground and the priest is doing classic rock lyrics! And that girl, that redhead, is crying harder than his mother and she never even met him!
|GREY'S ANATOMY MUSIC|
Add the songs featured on this episode...
|Wade in the Water||Sweet Honey In The Rock|
|Speaking a Dead Language||Joy Williams|
|This Sweet Love||James Yuill|
|GREY'S ANATOMY MOMENTS |
Grey's Anatomy shockers, rule-breaking, grab-the-edge-of-your-seat moments....
- When Mrs. O'Malley asked Callie to make the decision about donating George's organs.
- When Izzie and Alex walked in on Meredith and Derek. Derek tossed them the keys to his trailer and told them it was their new home.
|GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE TRIVIA|
Goofs, behind the scenes facts, and little-known tidbits...
GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE VIDEO
|GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE PHOTOS|
|GREY'S ANATOMY GUEST CAST|
- Shannon Lucio as Amanda, Debra Monk as Mrs. O'Malley, Martha Plimpton as Pam, Mitch Pileggi as Larry Jennings, Zoe Boyle as Clara and Zack Shada as Andy
GREY'S ANATOMY BURNING QUESTIONS
Grey's Anatomy scandals, cliffhangers, hookups, and plot twists...
|GREY'S ANATOMY EMERGENCY ROOM|
Sit back, take notes, watch the drama unfold and chat about Grey's!
- DISCUSSION THREAD
- DISCUSSION THREAD
|GREY'S ANATOMY - WHAT'S COMING ON NEXT...|