GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE RECAP
airdate: May 15, 2005
written by: Mimi Schmir
directed by:Sarah Pia Anderson
|Meredith and Derek argue bitterly over their treatment of a paralyzed mountain climber, but that's not the real problem between them. Meanwhile, Izzie becomes convinced that her patient Duff develops psychic powers during his seizures; George has difficulty intubating a patient while his peers are watching; and Orthodox Jewish teenager Devo refuses to allow Alex to insert a life-saving pig valve in her ailing heart. As for Cristina, her plans to abort her unborn baby are altered after she becomes acquainted with Zoey, a middle-aged, pregnant cancer victim.|
Read the full episode recap ►
|GREY'S ANATOMY OPENING QUOTE:|
|You know how when you were a little kid and you believed in fairy tales? That fantasy of what your life would be – white dress, prince charming who'd carry you away to a castle on a hill? You'd lie in bed at night and close your eyes and you had complete and utter faith. Santa Clause, the tooth fairy, Prince Charming –they were so close you could taste them. But eventually you grow up, one day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears. Most people turn to the things and people they can trust. But the thing is, it's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely 'cause almost everyone still has that smallest bit of hope and faith that one day they'll open their eyes and it will all come true.|
|GREY'S ANATOMY ENDING QUOTE:|
|At the end of the day, faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don't really expect it. It's like, one day you realize that the fairy tale is slightly different than your dream. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. And it's not so important that it's happy ever after – just that it's happy right now. See, once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you. And once in a while, people may even take your breath away. |
| GREY'S ANATOMY QUOTES |
Memorable Quotes, zingers and one-liners
- Meredith: [Wanting more details about Derek's life] I want facts, and until I get them, my pants are staying on.
- Derek: Or you could just roll with it, be flexible. See what happens.
- Meredith: I'm not flexible.
- Derek: [laughs] Now there I disagree... We'll find these things out. That's the fun part, you know? That's the gravy.
|GREY'S ANATOMY MUSIC|
|Fix You Up||Tegan & Sara|
|No Illusions||78 Saab|
|I Love the Rain the Most|| Joe Purdy|
|Feels Like||Masha Qrella|
|Think||Dan Bierton & Charlie Waddington|
|GREY'S ANATOMY MOMENTS |
Grey's Anatomy shockers, rule-breaking, grab-the-edge-of-your-seat moments....
|GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE TRIVIA|
Goofs, behind the scenes facts, and little-known tidbits...
- Goof (medically incorrect): When Dr. Grey suggests that Mr. Walker has a conversion disorder, Dr. Shepherd asks if it's psychosomatic. This is a common mistake. A psychosomatic disease is a genuine physical ailment caused in part by psychological factors. However, a conversion disorder is considered a somatoform disorder (one that cannot be fully explained by organic conditions and are largely due to psychological factors, i.e. what many people consider to be "psychosomatic").
- Goof: There were two religion-related mistakes in this episode. First, the religious Orthodox Jew refused to have a "pig part" inserted in her body. But technically, according to Jewish Law, in order to save one's own life, one could break any of the laws of Judaism. Also, the Jewish girl wanted a rabbi to pray over her before her surgery, but the rabbi was female, which is not permitted according to Orthodox Judaism.