GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE RECAP
|"SHAKE YOUR GROOVE THING"|
airdate: April 24, 2005
written by: Ann Hamilton
directed by: John David Coles
|During her first heart surgery, Meredith makes what she regards as a serious error, but is afraid to say anything for fear of losing her internship. Meanwhile, George is saddled with a cranky emphysema victim who insists that she has stopped smoking--but the X-rays tell a different story; and Alex deals with a patient who is addicted to prescription pain killers, and will go to any lengths to keep the supply flowing. Finally, a middle-aged man with obstructed bowels may prove to be equally obstructive to Izzie, who must take time off from planning a lavish party for her boyfriend Hank.|
Read the full episode recap ►
|GREY'S ANATOMY OPENING QUOTE:|
|Remember when you were a kid and your biggest worry was, like, if you'd get a bike for your birthday or if you'd get to eat cookies for breakfast? Being an adult? Totally overrated. I mean seriously, don't be fooled by all the hot shoes and the great sex and the no parents anywhere telling you what to do. Adulthood is responsibility. Responsibility, it really does suck. Really, really sucks. Adults have to be places and do things and earn a living and pay the rent. And if you're training to be a surgeon, holding a human heart in your hands, Hello? Talk about responsibility! Kinda makes bikes and cookies look really, really good, doesn't it? The scariest part about responsibility? When you screw up and let it slip right through your fingers.|
|GREY'S ANATOMY ENDING QUOTE:|
|Responsibility, it really does suck. Unfortunately, once you get past the age of braces and training bras, responsibility doesn't go away. It can't be avoided. Either someone makes us face it or we suffer the consequences. And still adulthood has it perks. I mean the shoes, the sex, the no parents anywhere telling you what to do. That's, pretty damn good.|
| GREY'S ANATOMY QUOTES |
Memorable Quotes, zingers and one-liners
- George: Who else did you invite?
- Cristina: Izzie, we said the list was jocks only. Surgery, Trauma, Plastics. Who else?
- Izzie: Just some people from Peds.
- Cristina: You invited the preschoolers to Meredith’s house? The next thing you’ll say is you invited the shrinks.
[Izzie looks away]
- Cristina: She invited mental defects. This party’s DOA.
|GREY'S ANATOMY MUSIC|
|Wake Up||The Ditty Bops|
|Tiger, My Friend||Psapp|
|Edge of the Ocean||Ivy|
|Sparkle Me||The Buffseeds|
|GREY'S ANATOMY MOMENTS |
Grey's Anatomy shockers, rule-breaking, grab-the-edge-of-your-seat moments....
- Derek and Meredith in the car, when Bailey sees them.
|GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE TRIVIA|
Goofs, behind the scenes facts, and little-known tidbits...
- Goof: Richard mentions that Mrs. Drake underwent this surgery before in '99. But when Cristina is looking at the paperwork for the original surgery, it says the surgery date was 10-18-2000.
- Goof: The interns complain they work 100-hours a week when regulations governing residency programs only allow 80-hour weeks for all residents/interns and they cannot work more than 24-hours straight, even though in the pilot, they were working 48-hours.