GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE RECAP
|"DROWNING ON DRY LAND"|
airdate: February 15, 2007
written by: Shonda Rhimes
directed by: Rob Corn
|In the second episode of a three-part story arc, Meredith has fallen in the water at the scene of a horrendous ferryboat disaster, and is still among the missing. Izzie takes medical instructions by phone as she performs emergency cranial surgery on a victim trapped between two cars. George tells a mother that her son has been found safe so she would agree to undergo surgery--and now must conduct a frantic search for the boy. And while trying to mollify the victims' families, Alex forms an unusual bond with an unidentified pregnant woman who has sustained multiple injuries. With all this going on, Cristina and Burke still find time to announce their upcoming wedding only to start quarrelling the moment the words are out of their mouths.|
|Read the full episode recap ►|
|GREY'S ANATOMY OPENING QUOTE:|
|Like I said, disappearances happen, pains go phantom, life stops running, and people...people fade away. There's more I have to say...so much more, but I disappeared.|
|GREY'S ANATOMY ENDING QUOTE:|
| GREY'S ANATOMY QUOTES |
Memorable Quotes, zingers and one-liners
- "I'd notice. If you went missing, I'd notice." Dr. Karev to Addison
- "She's my person!" Cristina, talking about Meredith to Burke, trying to explain that she's her friend.
"I believe that believing we survived is what makes us survive" Izzie to Christina, George and Alex
|GREY'S ANATOMY MUSIC|
|Bitter Song||Butterfly Boucher|
|The Great Escape||Patrick Watson|
|GREY'S ANATOMY MOMENTS |
Grey's Anatomy shockers, rule-breaking, grab-the-edge-of-your-seat moments....
- When Izzie has to use a hand drill to put burr holes into the skull of her patient, who is stuck under a car. She has a great moment yelling at the tough guy friend to suck it up or step back.
- When Derek pulls a very limp, blue and dripping wet Meredith out of the water. The look on Derek's face is so heartbreaking.
- When Sloan sits down next to Derek on the floor outside Meredith's room, and puts a hand on his arm for support. Derek is obviously distraught, and Sloan took on the role of best friend once again.
|GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE TRIVIA|
Goofs, behind the scenes facts, and little-known tidbits...