GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE RECAP
|"RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD"|
airdate: September 25, 2005
written by: Stacey McKee
directed by: Peter Horton
|Season Two of Grey's Anatomy picks up exactly where Season One left off, with the unexpected arrival at Seattle Grace Hospital of brilliant surgeon Addison Shepherd much to the dismay of Addison's estranged husband Dr. Derek Shepherd, to say nothing of Derek's current amour, surgical intern Meredith Grey. Naturally, Meredith feels betrayed by Derek, and keeps on feeling that way throughout the rest of the episode. Meanwhile, chief of surgery Dr. Webber recovers from his operation with the special help of intern George O'Malley, who has been appointed official bearer of gossip from the hospital; and Meredith's friend and coworker Cristina Yang has big news for her boss Dr. Preston Burkeand vice versa. Finally, arrogant intern Alex Karevdisplays a hitherto untapped streak of compassion when the team's favorite bartender Joe suffers a heart attack.|
Read the full episode recap ►
|GREY'S ANATOMY OPENING QUOTE:|
|To be a good surgeon you have to think like a surgeon. Emotions are messy. Tuck them neatly away and step into a clean sterile room where the procedure is simple. Cut, suture, and close. But sometimes you're faced with a cut that won't heal. A cut that rips its stitches wide open.|
|GREY'S ANATOMY ENDING QUOTE:|
|They say that practice makes perfect. Theory is– the more you think like a surgeon, the more you become one, the better you get at remaining neutral, clinical. Cut, suture, close - and the harder it becomes to turn it off. To stop thinking like a surgeon, and remember what it means to think like a human being.|
| GREY'S ANATOMY QUOTES |
Memorable Quotes, zingers and one-liners
- Burke: So, I have a question to ask. I checked the schedule and I noticed that you and I are both off tonight. I made reservations. I have a favorite restaurant.
- Cristina: None of those were questions.
- Burke: Would you like to go out to dinner with me tonight?
- Cristina: You know, the OR is the one place where I can come and think. I'm thinking right now, okay?
- Burke: Of course. I get it.
|GREY'S ANATOMY MUSIC|
|All I Need||Firstcom|
|Everyday is a Holiday (with You)||Esthero & Sean Lennon|
|I Feel so Free||Ivy|
|I want Candy||Bow Wow Wow|
|Looking at the World from the Bottom of a Well||Mike Doughty|
|Someone to Love||Kate Earl|
|Step Away from the Cliff||Blue-Eyed Son|
|The City||Joe Purdy|
|GREY'S ANATOMY MOMENTS |
Grey's Anatomy shockers, rule-breaking, grab-the-edge-of-your-seat moments....
|GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODE TRIVIA|
Goofs, behind the scenes facts, and little-known tidbits...
- Goof: Meredith is standing next to her car, in the rain, talking to Derek. Yet when she sits down next to him, her hair is completely dry. How can that be when she just stood out in the rain?
- The title alludes to the two times Meredith stands in the rain while talking to Derek as well as to the disastrous turn in her love and professional life.